Hello from California

Hi everyone,

I'm Tiffany. :) I'm relocating to Ghana this coming June. I'm taking my three-year-old daughter along with me, so that she can stay with my ex-husband's family for awhile and they can get to know her. I decided that I may as well follow her, since I already have a deep love for Ghana's people and culture. Moving to Ghana is something I have often contemplated but now is the right time for me to act on it.
As for profession, I'm a dietics and nutrition student and I write web content part time. I plan to get a TEFL or TESOL teaching certification and teach English once in Accra. If anyone has any advice on how to go about this, I'd appreciate it.
It would be nice to get to know some of you. Perhaps we can even get to know each other better once I arrive. Thanks for reading!

~T~

Hi Tiffany,
It sounds like you have a big move coming up, and fortunately it's a cooler time to arrive in Ghana. I think it will be a challenge finding a teaching job in Ghana, however I'm not the best qualified person to answer this one. I'm sure others reading will have advice for you in time. It will most likely be private sector if you can find anything and probably in Accra. Try searching for "private schools" in Accra too.

I hope that helps a little.
All the best,
Gayle
---
All about life in Ghana
http://gisforghana.blogspot.com

Thanks very much. I've been looking around esl job postings so I hope to find a position soon. Luckily I also have my writing to fall back on. Thanks again for your input. I'm really looking forward to the move!

Hi. You should definitely try some of the private schools. Hope your move goes smoothly. My son will be 4 in June, so maybe the kids can play together when u get here.