Flights from Guayaquil to Loja

I believe the airport at Catamayo is open.  However, I can't find any flight schedules for Tame.  Are there other airlines flying from Guayaquil to Loja, or am I doing something wrong on the Tame website?

Thanks

I was just doing the exact same search.  Try Kayak.com.  It will show the times.  You can't buy through them though.  You'll have to buy the tickets through the Tame website.   The airport is open.       

Does anyone know how long the bus takes from GYE to Loja?

Just tried the Tame website.  It works for me.  Maybe you're searching too far in advance?

Do the flights only operate on certain days of the week?

jm141302 wrote:

Does anyone know how long the bus takes from GYE to Loja?

Should be about 6 hours. The bus arrival at the Terminal Terrestre is a lot more convenient than the airplane arrival at Catamayo, in my opinion. And, then, of course, there is the cost difference, which is significant.

Thanks for the info.  It turns out, I'm busing from Chone to Guayaquil, on to Catamayo and then Cariamanga.

I wish you a good trip. There are many nice views along that route.

6 hours was pretty close.   It took us about 7 hours to get to Catamayo, not including a 40 minute break for dinner.   Thanks again.

TAME is the only regular service I know of. There are some private charters you can take down there. There is also a lot of private planes go back and forth to the banana plantations in the area so you can sometimes hop a ride on a private plane.

Here is a link to a website that seems to do well for GYE-LOH

ticket.airlines-inform.com/

Good Luck

jm141302 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  It turns out, I'm busing from Chone to Guayaquil, on to Catamayo and then Cariamanga.

Jim,
If you have some time when you get to Cariamanga, would you be able to just write a little about your impressions of this town. The family I live with in Ecuador was telling me about Cariamanga years ago. The father said it was notorious for the coke trade there. You could drive into town and ask anyone on the street where to buy cocaine, and they would point out a business place, of which there were many, according to him. He hopes to take me there before the end of the year, but I was wonder if it is as colorful as Nambija, the gold town east of Zamora. I was there a few weeks ago and it reminded me of the frontier towns in colorado, where I once lived. Fortunately, the government has stopped the open gun touting that use to be the norm in Nambija. But it still is a pretty rough place.

Joseph: Those look like fun places to check out -- I'll plan to go there. Thanks.

Bob