My plane arrives at 0055 - anything to do/be aware of at the airport?

I just got an email from my booking agency that my flight has been rescheduled to land in Saigon at 12:55am instead of 10pm as scheduled.

As the forum topic reads: would I still be able to find a hotel to stay at overnight or at least find a bar that'll be open all night? I recall the city shutting down pretty early and most, if not all, hotels had their doors shut at night with just some poor guy given the unenviable task of sleeping at the door in case a guest would return.

So there you go - can I find a place to sleep late or at least a place to party til sunrise?

Hell, will taxis even be running from the airport?!

How long you coming for? Where are you staying, I'm gussing no room already booked?
But Taxi's yes you should be able to find a taxi without issues. Just look out for the legit one's, info posted elsewhere on here.
Hotel's yes although the doors are locked they will open the doors to let you in and rent a room if not already booked(or full).
That time of night there still some clubs open downtown but failing that, plenty of bars n clubs open in the backpacker area. Plenty of cheap hotels too.

My plane leaves at 00:55 tonight for Doha

Crazy Buffalo at De Tham and Bui Vien never closes and a few other bars near it I will bet are also open.

The hotels are used to coming and going at all hours. You should be able to find a room.

There are always taxis at the airport. Just try not to get a fake one.

You don't need to worry about your timing. After all formalities you can come out nearly 1am. If you want just stay there till dawn or pick a Taxi from there and go to Pham Ngu Lao, Bui Vien, or De Tham street where you can stay or pass your time in some bar.
Happy journey!

Thanks for the input everyone. My hostel is booked for the next day in Pham Ngu Lao so figured to just wait til then. I figured as such about the taxis but just needed some additional peace of mind!

Japantovietnam wrote:

Thanks for the input everyone. My hostel is booked for the next day in Pham Ngu Lao so figured to just wait til then. I figured as such about the taxis but just needed some additional peace of mind!

okay good! If you need some emergency help just ring or message me.
Willing to help.