Is electricity, water and wifi bill inclusive in the rent ?

Hello everyone.
I am actually interested in renting a house on mk thly basis and not permanently but temporarily while i am in vietnam.instead paying and sleeping in hotels would like to have my own apartment.
I would also like to know if i rent my own apartment is electricity and water and wifi bill all inclusive or?

I just moved into a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. The rent runs 10 million Vn dong a month. I have to pay 730,000 for monthly management fee. I have to pay for WiFi, cable, electric, water and gas. I don't use the gas. I purchased a rice cooker. Induction burner a few pans. Plates, etc. Just enough to get by. I got sick of hotels. IT is still much less than livng in the expensive USA

I forgot to mention the 20 million Vn dong deposit

Typically you would have to pay for electricity consumption. Water and trash are included in the rent as they are much cheaper. Trash fee is about 45,000 dong per month the last time I checked in D1. Electricity is at most about 15,000 ding dong per kw. I've seen most landlords charge about 35,000 per kw. You could ask to see the bill but they won't give it up. Some claim they have a meter to keep track of your own usage. Ask to see the meter and keep track of it yourself. Some will include Wifi and cable into the rent and others do not. Again, it is dependent on your landlord and whether he/she is willing to have you pay for all some of these services. In my opinion it is best to pay on your own and ask to see the bills when they are due. Whatever you choose to do, do not take their words for it. The bills will be in their name and not yours.

Electricity is the tenant's responsibility.  In multi-unit buildings, there is a meter for each apartment, usually located in the basement or on every floor, accessible to all tenants.  When you move in, the landlord should show you your unit's meter and jot down or take a photo of the starting number.  Meter is read every month and you pay for the exact volume, calculated at 3500/kW (not 35,000/kW).  It's the prevalent rate in the South and Central.

Water can be free or charged at flat rate per person or per unit.  It's free in all of our previous apartments in Saigon, but it's 25K (flat rate) per person here in Vung Tau.

Management fee is charged at large buildings owned by development companies, justifiable by the extra amenities (pools, gym, 24/7 receptionist/concierge/tenant service such as buying water bottles, accepting deliveries, vetting visitors, etc,)  Buildings with smaller number of units (20 or fewer) do not charge management fee even when extra amenities are available to tenants.  Both of our last 2 buildings had a gym,  and the last one had a small library, a clubhouse, and two very large rooftop terraces.  Neither landlord charged management fee.  (Weekly cleaning is always free.)

Wifi and cable are included in the rent, but I have yet to live in any place with consistently strong enough Wifi for my needs, thus we use our 4G pocket Wifi block when signal is weak. 

Security deposit is always charged, mostly in a form of one month rent.  If the deposit is higher than that, you should negotiate.  A poster on this forum (Nathalie Roux, IIRC) did and her deposit was waived. 

Deposit is always returned to tenants when keys are turned in at the end of the lease.  Not few days or a week later.

Remember, apartment contract is just a template, thus can be altered at the time of signing.   I've always negotiated every contract before signing my name, except at this present apartment building.

Thank you very much mate.i found this information very useful and alao very helpful.

gawalbinanybotokuntu1 wrote:

Hello everyone.
I am actually interested in renting a house on mk thly basis and not permanently but temporarily while i am in vietnam.instead paying and sleeping in hotels would like to have my own apartment.
I would also like to know if i rent my own apartment is electricity and water and wifi bill all inclusive or?

Please send email to me

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct