Questions about Parent's Visa to Belgium

Hi,

I am founder of a software company in India. I am considering applying for Professional Card to come to Belgium and put efforts to raise a branch there. I believe my wife and kid can live with me without any problem. They will get the visa to live with me. But a big question I have is visa for my parents. So my questions are:

a. Is there a provision to get visa for my parents for long term (same as validity of my professional card)?

b. If not, if my parents visit on Tourist Visa, what is the maximum duration of this visa?

c. Can my parents get multiple entry visa and come to Belgium multiple times in a year? Can they stay with me for 6-9 months in a year in total? Will Belgium authorities have any issue with that?

Thanks for your help.

-VC

Hey Varun,

Welcome to Expat.com..

First of all, all the best with the expansion of your business..

Regarding your questions..

a. Is there a provision to get visa for my parents for long term (same as validity of my professional card)?
- NO. Belgium does not have family reunion option, for non EU citizens.

b. If not, if my parents visit on Tourist Visa, what is the maximum duration of this visa?
- 89 days is the max duration.

c. Can my parents get multiple entry visa and come to Belgium multiple times in a year? Can they stay with me for 6-9 months in a year in total? Will Belgium authorities have any issue with that?
- Short term visa is issued for the duration of 90 days. You can get multiple entry in that, if you prove to the consulate its' necessary. You cannot get (AFAIK) visa for multiple short stays in one go. ie, for each visit, you have to make new application and get fresh visas.

Some references:

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … pplication

VFS India Website: http://vfs-be-in.com/  (You may already have this link)

Let me know if you have more questions..

Good day!
Aneesh

Thanks for the information Aneesh.
I was in US earlier and my parents got multiple entry tourist visa valid for 10 years. So they were able to travel to US without getting visa everytime. For each visit they used to get 3 months time (I-94). Isn't there a similar possibility with Belgium visa?

EU has nothing such, as per my knowledge..

VFS folks can give you more info, or the consulate web site...

A Schengen tourist visa which Aneeshks has already discussed is valid for 90 days AND no return within a further 90 days, so it's 90 in / 90 out / 90 in / 90 out. Anyone with an Indian passport failing to comply will be refused any further visas and put on the Schengen wide refusal list so even trying to get another Schengen country to issue another 90 day visa will result in refusal.