Unlock or hyperSIM card ?

Hello everyone !

I'm currently using an iPhone4 and I'm going to Saigon for holidays this summer, for 30 days. I want to use unlimited 3G with a local SIM card but I don't know what to do first, to unlock.

I was wondering what it would be better:

- Should I get my iPhone unlocked (not jalibreak) in Saigon ? I'm a little afraid of letting my phone in a shop that I don't know or believe ...

- Should I just ask for putting and cutting an hyperSIM card within the SIM card when I buy it ? No problem while using it ? Has anyone tried it ?

Thank you in advance for any tips and advices !

Getting your phone unlocked here is usually no problem, some place will do it while you wait.
If you can do it before you arrive that will put your mind at risk.

Never used a hyper-card here, just a local 3G card. No problems and speeds are pretty decent in the cities

Thank you for answering !
Do you have an idea of the unlocking cost in Saigon then ?
(Even if I think it won't be really pricey...)

apricot_purin wrote:

Thank you for answering !
Do you have an idea of the unlocking cost in Saigon then ?
(Even if I think it won't be really pricey...)

Don't worry too much about unlocking cost here in Saigon because so many of shops you can see in same street with same business(eg: 3/2 street, HCMC) as competitors and of course they offer the cheapest fee. If you have a Vietnamese friend here, it would be much easier and feel safe during the first time. Wish you a peaceful and happy life in Vietnam!

It was pretty straight forward to unlock iPhone's, for us I'm Australia anyway. I just told my carrier that I was going overseas and needed my phone unlock.
Another way is call Apple up.
All free.

Thank you all for your answers !
I'm going to start here; and if it costs too much or I simply cannot, I'll do it in Vietnam.
No problem in Vietnam, I go with my parents and we have a lot of relatives there who are really happy to help us to find or advise on something. It is just that in electronic stuff... I'm not sure that they know.