Vxxxxl Internet stopped again

BRAVO VxxxxxL TEAM...In every 1 week minimum 1 big internet cut... This is a success story..

They are advertising on TVs in some countries they take the network building job..poor for that countries.. Even in their own country they suck

Hi,
Vietnam recently had a major issues with their marine cables. Apparently their 3 cables were impacted, including the brand new one, inaugurated early Jan this year...

Actually, Viettel, or FPT, or VNPT, etc... are all relying on those cables and are all impacted. (Depending on hours, zones, etc...).

This new cable is supposed to improve the capacity of Vietnam but well...some technical issues again..
And during the year, a 4th cable will be inaugurated.

Hope it will helps.

I lost an online job due to the cable consistently malfunctioning, it's so annoying.

no wonder cable has been cutting in and out and seemed slow of late.

For all providers, Sometimes sharks come to ocean and destroy the cable..it is UNDERSTANDABLE... needs to fix cable...

But what is this Vxxxxxl doing?

Every week a loss of internet? in Ho Chi Minh City..not ocean cable even...

What is this?

I find when there is problems with the ocean cable it mostly affects accessing international sites. Vietnam sites should have minimal to no problem accessing them.

I get 9  m/s and 24 mbps upload.  That's pretty good right. 
22m/s if she server,  not danang.

Anyone can compare.  I pay the 200k a month with viettel but will switch to the net TV package at 250k a month.  Is only 1 speed,  package available?  Any noticeable difference?

Hi Thaiger,
So you got 24M in Download and 9M in Upload. Nice.

You are having probably the Fast 20 I suppose for 200k. If you want the TV as well, you will got for Fast + Flexi.
For 260k, you can get Fast 20 + Flexi. You will not see a difference in term of speed then. Same 20M max. However I suppose if you turn on the TV (Especially on HD channel), you might see a decrease in your download speed. (It's probably 20M shared)

They have different packages, up to 30M (Fast 30M + Flexi, for 299k).

Hope it helps

Surprised at some of the speeds indicated here. I have VNPT and have 19.57 and 19.78. I had terrible streaming before I installed a U.S. made router. Now I have no problems at all. Unless , as the thread is about, the trusty cable gets broke again.

All ISPs do not have the same exposure then a cable broke.
They are all investing in new cables (Joint investments but with a split of the bandwidth).
VN currently have 4 main cables if I'm not mistaken:
- The IA (Intra Asia), undersea connecting few countries (HK, TW,..), mostly used by Viettel from what i understood.
- The AAG (Asia America Gateway), undersea cable that frequently break (2.88Tb/s) and impact all ISPs.
- The APG (Asia Pacific Gateway ), undersea, operating recently (Early Jan), that had problem too also...(54Tb/s in total capacity, where VN is using 4Tb/s for now - It will ramped up). Mostly paid by Viettel and VNPT.
- And 1 land cable (Connecting with China), but with a very small bandwidth (120Gb/s)

And 5th undersea cable should be operating this year too, connecting with Europe, in the opposite direction than the others then. It's called the AAE-1 cable (for the moment) with a total capacity of 40Tb/s where Viettel will have 2Tb/s dedicated.
Should be ready this year (no idea when)

And Vietnam is also building a second land cable with China. (I don't have much info there)

I'm quite happy to see this improvement in international connectivity.

I had a problem with my internet for awhile. Every time it rained the internet died. Eventually they repaired whatever needed repairing and I never had that problem again. If the international cable is broken you would probably see it on the news somewhere. Your problem might be a local issue which will go away when they rewire things. My guess anyway.