After the rain...

With the recent rain now something of the past, I decided to take a drive out into the western Hajar mountains this morning to explore a bit.  Evidence of the power of nature is abundant everywhere and the sudden downpours have certainly taken their toll.  Driving east from Ibri and then dead north some 40km out, you get to Jebel Misht and the surrounding areas.  If you can make some time and take a drive to this area, you will be pleasantly surprised at what it has to offer.

Apart from the UNESCO site at Bat, which I have visited a number of times, the area north of Bat is spectacular.  Jebel Misht stands out and is often photographed.  I took one of the dirt roads running along a wadi and ended up quite far from everything.  The amazing tranquility cannot be beaten and there is plenty of opportunity for some great photography.

The roads in the area are still recovering from the flooding and so the low lying areas, especially wherever roads cross wadis, are covered in sand, stones and debris.  Negotiate your drive carefully, slow down, open the windows and enjoy the spectacular scenery.  My circular route took only four hours to complete and I was back home before the early afternoon heat forces us indoors again.

Everyday I remind myself that I am immensely blessed to live and work in this amazing country.

WoW ... Sounds really great, Thanks a lot Andrieso for sharing such tempting experience with us.

Would you mind posting some pictures on the forum? -I think that would be very interesting for many of us.

Let me know if you need assistance with regard to posting the pictures on the forum :)

VidoDido

No problem.  I will post some photos in an hour or so.

Andries O

Great :thanks::one

Cheers :)

Ha!  In my first post I said "with the rain now over...".  How wrong I was!  Ibri has now had its share of water for some time.  I sped out of the town on Saturday to avoid the rain and drove back into it on Sunday.  This is unbelievable.  Those who saw the articles in Times of Oman, yep, it is really like that here now.  The two colleges here have no students, the area in front of the College of Applied Sciences has been flooded for about a week now.

Yet, despite all of the chaos, I saw something so beautiful early this evening - a rainbow above the mountain, the promise that there will be no more flooding!

Hey Man ... Hope you are keeping well out there as I hope that everybody there is doing well :)

Despite of all the chaos, I'm glad to see you looking at the bright side of life :)

Stay Safe my Friend :)

Tuesday morning.  The sun is out and the eastern sky is beautiful.  The rain seems to be gone and on the way to the office, yesterday's mud will become today's dust.  I love this place!

andrieso wrote:

Tuesday morning.  The sun is out and the eastern sky is beautiful.  The rain seems to be gone and on the way to the office, yesterday's mud will become today's dust.  I love this place!

Andrieso,
I appreciate your positive thinking, however just for your information, a storm warning on either today or tomorrow has been issued latest. So be careful and I advice all to stay safe. Also, i recommend all of the members to help those who have suffered from huge losses during this stormy season.

Schaz

You are quite correct!  I believe we have not seen the end of it.

Did someone say Photography !!!! :top: