May 7th

Hello all,
Looks like my arrival date will be around May 7th.  I will be staying at HArd Rock until I find a place in Punta Cana Village. Everyone here has answered most of my questions.  The only thing I cant find is a website for a used car dealership and a place that sells Quads/UTV's.  If i bought a new chinese UTV and had it shipped to the DR how much would the import tax be, if it can even be done.  The Utv costs around $7000 USD.   
Looking forward to my first beer on the beach

Chuck

choll40 wrote:

Hello all,
Looks like my arrival date will be around May 7th.  I will be staying at HArd Rock until I find a place in Punta Cana Village. Everyone here has answered most of my questions.  The only thing I cant find is a website for a used car dealership and a place that sells Quads/UTV's.  If i bought a new chinese UTV and had it shipped to the DR how much would the import tax be, if it can even be done.  The Utv costs around $7000 USD.   
Looking forward to my first beer on the beach

Chuck

Hi Chuck, congrats!  Its a big step but it can be worth it.   Try www.supercarros.com for used vehicles. There are dealerships (not sure about the Punta Cana area) but you will generally pay inflated prices. The best places to buy used vehicles -  La Vega and Moca I am told.  I have bought two SUV's in La Vega.

No Idea on quads and UTV's,  Import tax - minimum 18% ITBIS plus plus plus.  I will see if I can find out any info for you!  BTW  you pay tax based on what the price would be here not where you import from. Remember no matter what you will be told about the cost of importing, what actually happens can be very very different!