Looking to move....

Long story, but I want to move... I currently live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and want to start new elsewhere, but where, I have no idea. I love this planet and there are so many interesting things out there to see and experience.

I guess I'm just looking for suggestions so I can research, visit and decide with minimal red tape.

You have come to the best site,but be prepared to read a lot!

Oh I can see I'll be reading a lot!! :)

Oh I can see I'll be reading a lot!! smile

Contributing alot helps too :D

How about Saskatoon?

Now why would I want to go to Saskatoon? I'd not go there if someone gave me a free trip...

Hai you are already living a better place where most people try to get there for a better standard of living.:)

yes, it would seem like that from the outside looking in, wouldn't it?

Being from a nice place doesn't mean people can't look around.

Hi Janny,

Brazil is a great place for us Canucks, especially São Paulo or Rio.

BTW, how are things back there in Saddle Dome Country anyway?

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator. Expat-blog Team

I've been looking at Latin America, seem to be a lot of options, Belize looks very nice as well. Easy to move there by the looks of it?

You know how it is here, one day you're running around in a tshirt, the next day you're wearing a winter jacket, freezing. Typical Canadian spring!

How about Moose Jaw?

it's funny.. when i click to this post and i read, you are from a city where i want to move.., i want to move to calgary.., i don't know.. i just like the city, does it difficult for indonesian to move there? i mean for the permit.. etc

Hello niceTan -> Maybe you could start a new thread on the Calgary forum with your questions. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Janny I would highly recommend Uganda,Jinja.Its very pocket friendly and has vast no.of expatriates living here

How about living in the Middle East? :proud

Why not try an Asian country like Cambodia Thailand or Laos.

niceTan wrote:

it's funny.. when i click to this post and i read, you are from a city where i want to move.., i want to move to calgary.., i don't know.. i just like the city, does it difficult for indonesian to move there? i mean for the permit.. etc

Didn't they execute Jesus in Calgary?

Thailand is a great place. I came to work here for 6 months. That was 25 years ago and I'm still here.

Hi ! Indonesia....an archipelago, wonderful place !!!

I like everything that is related to South America.. My suggestions are Colombia or Ecuador.

As someone who has travelled to and lived in roughly 50 countries. The most important thing is to ask yourself why? Is it job, romance, culture, you feel out of place where you are, etc. These questions answered before can make your life much better by choosing a fit that suits you.

I moved for work and although my career is important. The US is the last place I wanted to be. Work is so busy so I don't think about things that I have missed or lost. However, on a slow day or when I head back the gravity of the situation hits me. Personally, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone at all but since you are from Canada you would have a much easier fit here in the States than a European moving here for example.

Meet expats all over the world

OR