Where does parents spend their time with kids in KL?

Hi all, I'm from Singapore, & am considering to relocate to KL. Where are the good & safe hangout places for family in KL? In SG, activities are plentiful and all within half an hour drive.

Welcome to Expat.com SG Jess!;)

Harmonie

Why not you take a short trip here? Perhaps then you can tell if there is any. I will help you decide if you should relocate, after reading that.

i believe the best for are Bukit Bintang, KLCC and Asian Heritage Row
have fun:)

Hi Jess,

Will be following your thread closely.

Our family will be relocating to KL from Singapore. I have 2 kids so hoping to find a place good for the kids to run mad.

Cheers,
Jocelyn

This is a very interesting question as it made me think about the differences between the two cities and cultures. The parks and walking trails are popular and well attended - KLCC park by the twin towers has a splash pool for kids and space to run around. There are others depending on which area you happen to live in.  The waterfall and hiking trails are also plentiful but a ittle outside the various towns. There are also water parks and entertainment places such as icity and Sunway.

Hi, I'm James Donnelly and I've been here is Malaysia (KL) for about 8 months.  To answer your question, it depends on how old your children are and what they like to do.  In many of the apartment buildings they have pools and play areas as well as gyms.  There are malls everywhere (not my choice) and once you settle there are many places outside the city to enjoy hikes or some adventure time with your children.  I am a geographical bachelor (my wife is working in Belgium) living here with my 13 years old.  He loves to swim and for that there are plenty of opportunities but he is also into computers and gaming so I have to talk with him and plan outside activities together.  You have to adapt to everything around you but I think using this forum is a good place to start.

James

I have 9 yr old and 13 yr old girls, they enjoy TTDI park or Desa Park city for skateboarding and cycling, we love rock climbing so go to Mad Monkeys bouldering gym or Putrajaya Challenge park, Putrajaya is great for hiring kayaks, day trips to Port Dickson so that my girls can boogie board and play in the sea, FRIM canopy walk is great, have done the zoo and Batu Caves, they loved that, then weekends away at Redang Island with the amazing views of fish, coral while snorkeling, weekend away to Kuantan then carried on up to Cherating Turtle sanctuary to release hatchling turtles, that has been their favorite thing to do so far.

Kiwi14,

Those are some great suggestions.  thanks.

James

Following very closely as we are a family, from London, relocating to kl in January.

Following closely as we are a family with 2 girls, age 5 and 7, originally from Greece but gave been living in the London,UK FOR 10 years and moving to KL. this summer!