TexMex in Brussels?

I recently moved here from Texas and am CRAVING some TexMex. Just wondering if anyone has come across anything good or similar in the Brussels area? What I wouldn't do for some queso and flour tortillas! mmmm....
Don't suggest Chi-Chi's because I went there and was NOT impressed! :-) Their queso was basically melted nacho cheese you get at the movie theater and their food was below par.

Also, I haven't been able to find any jalapenos in the grocery store. Do they sell them here? I live in Waterloo.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

I am not sure about Brussels.. but in Antwerp there is a placed called Tropicos that is worth checking out.

http://www.tropicos.be/antwerp/

It is Brazilian and Mexican.  It is not a cheap place - not overly expensive either.. and well worth it.  I've had both their Mexican and Brazilian main dishes and all have been very good.

In Antwerp you also have the Axxes cafe, just next to Metropolis Theater.It's not a typical tex-mex restaurant but they have great fajita's and some other tex-mex dishes. I think they even have decent sour saus! I've lived in Dallas FW a couple years ago and so far, it's the closest thing to what I've known out there that I have found in here!!
If you found better, LET ME KNOW Please!!! (overall in Brussels!)
Good luck!
Jules

I'm in Antwerpen also, I may have to try the places mentioned by Julie & Scott above, but I'm very doubtful! I've tried Mexican places in various locations in various countries in Europe, and they've all been wretched!

So instead, I had my mom (back in the US) send us some taco seasoning, and we cook our own Mexican!! The grocery store (Delhaize) sells flour tortillas that aren't super amazing but are perfectly fine, and we use Quorn (vegetarian) and a veggie mix of mushrooms, onions and leeks, with onions and garlic and white button mushrooms added to it, and it works out very nicely. Good luck on your search, and do let me know if you turn up anything good! =)

Thanks everyone!
I was able to try a few of those places and just decided I have better luck cooking it myself. So I just started experimenting and actually figured out how to make it pretty good! Either that or I've been away from Texas too long and anything tastes good ;-)

I am heading to Brussels from Houston in mid-June with my wife and kids (3).  One of my collegues, also a Texan just moved back from Brussels (Overjise actually), and told me a Mexican gentleman in Brussels actually cooks and delivers TexMex right to your door (she said she would order several meals at a time and eat it over the whole weekend!). I will post his contact details when I get them.

I would love to get the contact info for that guy - I've been craving Mexican food for a while but haven't had any luck (I don't consider Chi-Chi's even resembling authentic).

Hey there,
Just found this forum, so sorry if this response isn't so timely!

I think the Mexican delivery referred to is MexiGo:

http://mexigo.be/index.cfm?&switchLanguageTo=En

My boyfriend's had it at work a bunch of times and says it's pretty good.  And he's half-Mexican, raised in California.  :) 

Also of note is El Pueblo Latino, which is on Ave Jean Volders in St-Gilles. It is run by a Colombian family, so they have fresh empanadas and bunuelos filled with Colombian cheese on offer.  But they also stock anything you would need for a Tex-Mex meal.

el-pueblolatino.com/

And El Vergel's supposed to be good, but it's a Latin American/Mediterranean blend.  And their hours are rather limited.
elvergel.be/index.html

sounds great :D

Mexigo is the place but if you're really desperate how about cuban?  Cuba la Cantina Cubana
Rue des Grands Carmes 6, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium +32 2 502 65 40 ‎ lacantinacubana.skynetblogs.be

Er, I don't think Cuban and Mexican food are really all that similar?

I have to agree with Melby on that. I love Mexican, but am not that crazy about the Cuban food.

*nods* I mean if people want it, hey great, suggest good places for it. But I don't think that's a substitution for Mexican at all, just a different ethnic option.