Work in Saudi and family lives in bahrain

Hi All,

my name is hani and i am working in alkhobar,,,,

i am planning to bring my family to be settled in Bahrain and i will be commuting on weekly basis,,,my question is, do they need to have Bahrain residency to stay over there, or having Saudi residency shall be accepted, and if so, then i will be able to rent apartment and register my kids in a school in Bahrain with Saudi residency????

appreciate you feedbacks

Hi Hani, if your family already have an iqama then it is easy for them to reside in Bahrain. The kids can attend school and you can rent accommodation without a CPR.

Hi Silver, now am relieved:) oooof,, thanks a lot for ur feedback

No worries, my husband works in Saudi too and there are lots of us here in the same situation. See if your company can organise the relevant causeway papers for your car and let us know if you have any other questions.

You and your family still need their CPR's to reside in Bahrain. The Iqama isn't enough. That is Saudi residency not Bahrain. Your company will have to sponsor you to live and reside in Bahrain and you will then have to do the same for your family by completing a NOC (None objection certificate) to allow your family to be in Bahrain. This is a long process and if it isn't completed before you visit visa runs out then they have to leave Bahrain by air and fly back in to renew the visit visa

oh, thanks for the feedback!,,but this now confusing i have two opposite answer,,,,any way thanks for you both for your input

The iqama is for Saudi and doesn't give you residency in Bahrain.

Yes you can get accommodation and schooling in Bahrain but if you do not have a Bahrain CPR you will be here on a visit visa which needs renewing by flying out of the country and back in again. Your Iqama will not cover you in Bahrain.

The best thing to do is speak to your embassy and ask them as they will know the answers.

According to our clearing agent there were a number of changes made to these laws in January. These can also affect various passport holders differently. If your company is not organising your move to Bahrain I would highly recommend using a clearing agent. They seem to know the system and can get things done quicker than by yourself. I'm not sure how my husband got residency here with the iqama, he gave it to the clearing agent and a week later he had residency - not a full CPR. His company is not supporting his choice to live in Bahrain so they didn't offer any help. Will your company offer you any assistance? I think you need to take your iqama to the office of immigration to get your residency, just being in possession of an iqama doesn't give you residency.