Being vegetarian in Uruguay

Tough one, being vegetarian in Uruguay. better do your own cooking.

I can share what i know, but pease let me know if you can recommend any other places to grab some meat free food.
In Montevideo  I know LA VEGETARIAN to go out, but I really would not recommend it, unless you love overcooked, tasteless food.
Then i do like Bamboo, in Rio Negro, it is only open at midday and only ofr all you can eat buffet, but its really quite good, kind of half chines half Italian. make sure you come with a very empty stomach and the earlier the better, after two o clock  no more fresh stuff comes out of the kitchen.
La olla is a great option too, their cook is very passionate, and aits all organic, yuhuu!!! i think they have their own website under laolla.com, if not you should be able to find them under ecotiendas. they are in montevideo, Maldonado street.
Inland, there is what might be the only vegetarian hotel in South America, Caballos de Luz. As the name says, they are really into horses, but they know their vegetarian cooking also, and it is a great place to spend a weekend or more.
caballosdeluz.com is their website

Hello goingindia.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to recommend these restaurants into the Uruguay Business directory.

Thank you,
Aurélie