Want to move to Uruguay

Muhammad Qaisar Abbas Malik from Bahawalpur (Punjab) Pakistan. 22-years govt: service, want to move to Uruguay after completion of 25-year service after retirement for some business. Kindly help me in this regard.

Hi I myself am looking for help. I haven't find anybody yet.

Any Pakistani, who know the process from Pakistan

I want to live in Uruguay.who can to help me ?

Hello
Pakistani nationals require a visa to enter Uruguay, even for tourist trips.

Hola cómo estás? Sobre qué temas necesitas ayuda? Te dejo un link con información ℹ️
https://www.gub.uy/tramites/autorizacio … so-uruguay

Hola cómo estás? Te puedo ayudar
Te dejo un link con información ℹ️
https://www.gub.uy/tramites/autorizacio … so-uruguay

@RezaCanada   Hello, I have lived in Uruguay for the past 7 years...many, many positives to this country, for me it was a great decision.  I will be happy to have a conversation if you still wish to live here.  My only complication is my personal relationship with computers. 

@lam40100  hi I have lived here for 7 years, a great decision in my life.  I lack sufficient  computer skills and think this won't let me give my email address.   So... if this is a ‘forum' I guess you post, I respond, etc., if you still are interested, respond with a few questions....again, this country is a great place to live.

@USGringo  my desire is to live in  uruguay  soon a possible,  however my concerns are jobs and accommodation, how can I get help to  settle

Good morning! My husband and I are here on an exploratory trip from the US, and we love what we see, feel, and have experienced! Our nagging question is healthcare. Allen will be 72, and I will be 68 this year. He has more health issues than I do and has VA (Veterans Administration) coverage.  What is available to us?  Thanks in advance.
Hello. It is recommended that you get a private insurance if you are planning to reside in Uruguay. As an example, in your case, you may contact the local Blue Cross & Blue Shield independent licensee in Uruguay, or you can try the British Hospital. Local insurance is the best but most expensive option. You will have to go through a medical exam and it is possible that some of them will reject your application due to your age.

State-owned ASSE public system will cover you since you have residence, even if the procedure is still pending (the only requisite is that you have the local ID card), but public hospitals are not the advisable choice for a foreigner (locals try to avoid it if they have the chance, even if ASSE is the main healthcare provider). Public system is for free.

There are also some private entities ("mutualistas") integrated in the public social security system, that are the "second choice". Their service is generally better, but there are different levels among them. Sometimes it is hard to find immediate consultation date for your favorite doctor, and you must go to anyone with the same speciality. You can also pay directly to one of these entities to get covered, which is much cheaper than any private insurance. But not all of them will accept a new customer when you are over 60. They will examine your health condition and accept you with a higher fee or maybe reject your application,
@diegoag78

Thank you!

@USGringo Hello i have lived in uruguay for the last two years and i have a very bad opinion of this country... i really don't recommend... Mexico, Colombia, are much better countries to live, cheaper, best quality of products and services, the people is more kind and positive .

@sierrademahoma  Uruguay is a safe country and this is the most important thing

@new1990 Hello, no it's not safe. A lot of thieves there, crooks, and some criminal violence increasing in Montevideo which is the main cocaine platforme in Latin America.

And the worst is the police. Lazy, violent, subjective depending if you're a relative a friend or not, gossip, etc. Of course this is not a generality but you can be chocked about their way to fix the problems.

Sierrademahoma... I suggest you stop hanging around in the cocaine neighborhoods of Montevideo.

I get it ,Uruguay didn't work for you. Some like it, some don't. Have a great day!

Take care also if you want to buy real estate, be careful with the owner but also offices, administration. They tried to steal 1500 usd from me, and more other problems.

@uru_guy why are you insulting me just because I speak the truth about Uruguay? I understand that you don't like to read bad opinions about your country but insulting me just proves that i'm right about the susceptibility and level of education here. This blog is not a propaganda for Uruguay, this blog is much better than this. It tries to reflect a real opinion of what happens in the country so that inverters would not be deceived and had to move back to other country.

@uru_guy I don't hang around inthe cocaine suburbs of Montevideo. I don't have to. Just walk in the center and you cross violent junkies under Pasta base which is the residual low quality cocaine while the best is exported to Europe through the port of Montevideo

@sierrademahoma

Hello,

I agree with you, it is for the benefit of all of us to exchange information.  Well, that is why I am here on this forum.  You can get some good information here and that is a starting point, just something to get you think in the right direction.

uru_guy is actually a very nice and extremely helpful person.  He sometimes has a short fuse and has ruffled my feathers too, but again, he is one of the most knowledgeable and engaged people here.  He is an expat like you and me, so if you feel that his reaction proves you right about the level of the here (locals), you are wrong in two ways:

• he would reflect badly only on the level of the expats
  • you are doing injustice to the locals.

I have had experiences with some locals, that are hard to believe, but in both ways, positive and negative.  I am happy to report that the positive ones, surpass the negative ones by far.  In general I think that the Uruguayans compare favourably with many other nationals as far a helpfulness and kindness is concerned, but I do agree with you that Mexicans in general are extremely kind and humble people, that any other people will find hard to match.  But do not forget that these same people will /have to) betray you to the cartels to protect their own.

I am sorry, I did not mean to lecture here or offend anyone.  I actually would like to ask you for some information, if you will still talk to me:

What information do you have regarding the rise in crime in Uruguay, a claim of yours which sadly seems to be true.  People who thoroughly research development in crime say the same.  But I would like to know more about something specific you wrote and that is that Montevideo is one of the cocaine hubs of South America.  Can you provide some statistics that would prove that?

Thank you and all the best!

@sierrademahoma Sorry if you got offended my friend but you are offering your reality and it is definitely not mine. You know a lot more about cocaine than I do. Just saying. So sorry Uruguay is not going well for you but don't try to imply that it goes so badly for everyone as I can assure you that is not the case. Have a great day!