Now in Chiang Mai - Would Love to Make Friends

I'm newly living in Chiang Mai and have a few friends here but they will be leaving soon. I wonder if there are expat get togethers (or better yet Thai/expat) where I can meet others who call Chiang Mai home?

Thanks for your help.

- Peace

I'm Thai and I live in Chiang Mai for several years. If you need any help, we can be friends :)

thanks slandha. I will send you a private message

The Chiang Mai expats club meets for coffee every other week and a monthly presentation the last Friday? of the month.  I've made most of my thailand friends from those meetings.    Google Chiang Mai expats club.

Great idea. I've heard about this group but wasn't sure when/where the meetings were located.

Thank you!!!

bonzersmom,

I just googled it and found a meeting on March 23rd - a Saturday. is that the group you're talking about?

thanks

Yep, they moved it to Sat this month.

Hi, American expat moving to Thailand in 3 weeks, would love to meet other ex-pats

Best place is the Chiang Mai expats club.  Do you have a place to live yet?  Are you coming for a short term or a year or more?

not yet, i have a few ideas, nothing solid yet.

how long have you been in Thailand? How long before you need a change of scenery?, I am thinking I will see how long I last Afghanistan was 4 years total, but I left once a year to the US or Europe.

We've been here 5 months.  We are heading to Rome in May (mostly to miss the really hot, monsoon weather).  We'll be in the EU for 90 days (maximum time for a visa) and then back to Thailand.  We'll still have 60 days or so of hot but the monsoon should be over.

bonzersmom wrote:

Yep, they moved it to Sat this month.

I was there. Quite late. I had a doctors appointment. I came for about the last 15 minutes and sat in the back of the room. Seems like a good group. They won't be having a meeting next month due to Songkron, but I'll probably check out the May meeting.

bonzersmom wrote:

We've been here 5 months.  We are heading to Rome in May (mostly to miss the really hot, monsoon weather).  We'll be in the EU for 90 days (maximum time for a visa) and then back to Thailand.  We'll still have 60 days or so of hot but the monsoon should be over.

Hey I think I met a friend of yours at Butter is Better on Sunday (yesterday). I stopped to pet her little dog and she told me about friends going to Italy who need a dog sitter while they are gone.

I think the universe id conspiring for me to meet your dog!

Not sure if I've already done this, but I will send you a private message with my phone number.

kellie120110 wrote:

Hi, American expat moving to Thailand in 3 weeks, would love to meet other ex-pats

Kellie,

I'm living here now and would be happy to meet up when you arrive. Send me a private message and I'll send you my phone number.

John

John,

Thanks for the reply, can you send me a private reply? and I will answer you, not sure how to send the private reply

Thanks
Kellie

kellie120110 wrote:

John,

Thanks for the reply, can you send me a private reply? and I will answer you, not sure how to send the private reply

Thanks
Kellie

Welcome to Thailand!

Just sent you a private message with my contact information.

THANKS