Close

Any musicians in Chiang Mai???

Hey There,

I plan to be living in Chiang Mai no later than Jan 2017. I currently have a full studio in my house for writing and recording music. I am interested to know if there are any current expats looking to start a band. I might sell some of my stuff or bring it with me if there are people that could use it with me. I have a pearl drum set, guitars, a bass, ukulele, bongos, microphones and so many other toys. I am moving to Chiang Mai with the intent of spending a good amount of time making and performing music and I'd love to start something.

Here is what I listen too (or at least some examples)

- The Beatles
- The Dear Hunter
- City and Colour
- The weepies
- Nujabes
- Various Jazzy Hip hop

I am a singer and guitar player mainly. I can noodle on just about anything though.

If we can make money great, if not great. I just want to make music.

-Ted

excellent choice, Chiangmai is a city for artists to live happily.

Hey Ted was happy to read your post. I am a musician who has recently come to live in Chiang Mai, and while i am not much of a performer I have my own studio here and love the creativity that being here offers me. Mind you i have scaled down a lot since leaving my home town of Newcastle in Australia. I brought with me my Arturia Keylab 61 midi keyboard, my Tannoy Reveal 601A studio monitors and my desktop computer, weighing in at around 50kgs for the lot.  I am having my parents bring a semi-acoustic guitar with them when they visit here in January.

My "style" of playing varies a lot but i am predominantly into ambient electronic music, whether it be chilled beats or more free-form experimental piano instrumentals. I love deep house and occasionally branch off into this area.

It sounds like you have a lot of gear! I'm not sure whether you want to bring it all with you but if you do just know that there is at least one willing collaborator here.

I have only been here a little over a week myself so i have no further in depth information about what the scene is like here. From previous month-long holidays during peak season i have seen many bands, performing both covers and live music, and i have visited the North Gate jazz venue once, which blew me away.

Feel free to reach out when you land. My email is crystallinesounds[at]gmail.com.

And congrats on your decision to move. It is a great lifestyle here and quite inspirational for creative-type people like us.

Hi Ted,
Glad to hear you are coming to Chiang Mai, I am a drummer played with many bands for lots of years, sold all my drum sets, vintage Ludwigs and and a few great DWs sets back in Southern California. I have been living in Chiang Mai for a couple of years now and miss playing music a lot. I was a co-founder of my last band The Rock Kings played around Ventura restaurants and bars for awhile then moved here for good with my wife. I love to play different genres, from Classic rocks to Latin. I hope we have a chance to get together and play when you get here and go from there,
Lenny

Hey Ted,
My email is xxx
Lenny

Moderated by Bhavna last week
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Questions and answers about Chiang Mai

Ask your question
inverbeg
Thai Looking for Land in Chiang Mai. Any advice?
By inverbeg
Michael29
Reading writing Thai Language
By Michael29
giulia1985
Working for CLBS in Thailand.... How could that be?
By giulia1985
pwarne
banking
By pwarne
DavidWenman
Lawyers
By DavidWenman
Tiffanya
Lantern manufacture in Changmai!!
By Tiffanya

Expatriate health insurance in Chiang Mai

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Chiang Mai

Moving to Chiang Mai

Find tips from professionals about moving to Chiang Mai

Travel insurance in Chiang Mai

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Chiang Mai

Flights to Chiang Mai

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Chiang Mai