International driving license

i have an international DL from Egypt, i was wondering if it is valid in Bahrain. I know it isn't if i'm on a work visa, but i'm on a tourist visa so can i drive using the license or not?
thanks in advance

Hello Sherifkhaled,

Yes, you can use your international license in Bahrain on a tourist visa.

Thnk u for ur answer, but any details about what i have to do, or do i just get a car and drive that's it?

Yes, you get your international license, your passport and that's it. You can go and rent a car.

Well i went today to the traffic directory and asked if  i can use th international DL i have from Egypt and he said no. Because simply they don't approve of it.  Really weird.  Since without a car it's really hard to move around, but i managed to use the buses, not perfect but it's fine

Have you told them that you wanted to use your license on a tourist visa? You're on a tourist visa, right? Have you told them that?

I think if you go directly to a car hire place it will be fine, I went to Avis and only had to show my international drivers license, I am also on a tourist visa, it was no problem.

Yes i told them that,  i think the international license differs according to where it was issued from, they don't approve of it if u get it from certain countries

Yes i told them that,  i think the international license differs according to where it was issued from, they don't approve of it if u get it from certain countries

iam havind DL of KSA but it is expired before 3 months and now i want to chang that to bahrain DL and iam having work visa of bahrain so what should i do to change my DL,please give me sugession for the above matter

Would it be possible for you to go back to Saudi, get it renewed and then come back here?

no now i cant go to KSA coz my visa is not valid

Live with Peace

Hi ,

If you can get the Print from Traffic Police Saudi " Naqal Malumat"
from Maroor. than you can simply switch your licence without any test ... :)