Wuzhong Zone in Shuzhou

Hello, please advise if you are familiar with the Wuzhong Zone - there is company here in US who has a position for their factory there.  Can you tell me which expat area is close by? How far is it to travel by car?

Any help will be great, I am currently in New Jersey, USA. 
Thank you,
LB

Hi Loramichaelsuki!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi Armand,
Thank you for the welcome.  Are you in Suzhou yourself?

Hi Loramichaelsuki,

Wuzhong zone is in the south of suzhou main urban zone, linking with Singapore industry park (SIP)on eastern side. In suzhou, SIP and SND(Suzhou National New & Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone) are well-known concentrated area for foreign workers.

It would take 10 mins to 1hour to these area by car, depending on where you live in wuzhong zone.

Hope it will help ,Good luck!

Hello Loramichaelsuki -> Armand forms part of the Expat.com Team! ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Lily,
Thank you for your reply. My situation is still in its very early stage but it is an exciting probability.

I have been to many cities in China for my job like Qingdao, Nanjing, Shanghai, Yangzhou, etc. but never been to Suzhou.
I knew so little of Suzhou that it could have given me trepidations about the job if I get it offered.

From reading up about it and joining a forum like this-it seems less daunting now.  Thank you again.
Beat regards,
Lora

Hi Lora,

So nice to see you again!

I can feel your anxiety about moving here, don't worry. I do think Suzhou is the most livable city with mild climate and cultural tolerance in East China, living here can be very cozy if you compare with fast pace life in shanghai.

By the way, suzhou is also very charming with convinient transportation connecting most large cities in china by High Speed Train.

I've been worked here for 3years , and know here quite well due to my work , I'd love to be your guide if you move here:)

Best regards,

Lily

you are from NJ?   american company which has a factory in Wuzhong zone?  is it a pharmaceutical company you are refering to??    coz i'm currently working for a pharmaceutical company in Wuzhong, coincidentally, the company HQ is in NJ...

wish you could get the offer. :)

Hi Hellokelvin,
No, the company I am talking to is from Los Angeles, California.

Yes, I hope I get offered the job.  Suzhou seems to be a really nice place to live.

Best regards,
Lora

Suzhou is a city you are definitely gonna like to live in:)  actually i'm now working for Pfizer Pharmaceutical company in Wuzhong District. mind telling me which company you are referring to? coz i might have heard of it before.

just like what lily has told u, Singapore Industry Park and SND both are relly close to Wuzhong District, many of my colleagues live in those two districts. concerning that you might not drive to work by yourself, it would be great if ur company has shuttle buses.

hope it'll help.

Hello Lora,

Wuzhong Zone is located in the south of Suzhou, with old downtown Suzhou to its north. It is basically around the Taihu lake. If you later get the offer and work here, I think the area close to Dongwu Tower (I call it little Eiffel;D) would be a good coice. The traffic is quite convenient.

As for Suzhou, it is a lovely city^^ Not as big as Shanghai; if you liked Yangzhou, you will sure like Suzhou. It's a city with many gargends. With high speed train, you can reach Shanghai in about 30 mins and Nanjing in a hour and half.

Good luck with everything^^