Problems with the company!!!

dear all,

I will try to describe shortly my situation and I need an advice from you...
Few months ago I did a mistake and I signed a contract with a company from Abu Dhabi. In my situation are other 3 romanian person.
From the moment that I arrived here I realised that almost nothing from what the Manager told me to the interview it isn't.
I passed many things and I closed my eyes many time with a lot of things but what they have did today is to much!!!
They put an announcement in the company who told us that ladies accomodation gate from now it will be closed at 10 p.m. and will be opened at 7 a.m. this rule didn't exist until now and this is a kind of way to force us to resign (because no one couldn't accept) and give them money because we will leave the company before contractual end date.
I heard from someone inside the offices that this was planned one month ago because the company have big financiar problems and just in this cease they can take money from us because otherwise, in case that they give us termination they must keep us here maximum 1 month, have a strong reason to do this and buy me a flight ticket back to my country!
With this thing our owetimes are not payed anymore from 2 month ago, they giving us days off instead (which I didn't sign for this), they put us to work more then 12 hours and after just few hours for rest and back to work, they treat us like animals and force us to do things that are not in our area of work.
I can't describe you in words what kind of life and tratament they "offer" us because I am so embarrassed of this and the words are not enough to describe the feelings that I have for 4 months.
All what I want from you and I need your help in this situation is to know  where I can do a complaine and who take care of  this type of problems in this country because I don't want someone else to pass and feel what I feel now.
A lot of girls from Maroco and Filipine are here and some of them are scared to speak but for me this is not a problem and even they will cancel my visa or give me ban I am not interested. I am interested about people and their life, their future and feelings. I don't want someone to do the same mistake as I did, to sign the contract with they and pass the same situations!!!

Thank you in advance!

Hi,
I'm romanian too but that's not the most important think. You can complain to Ministries of Work here in Abu Dhabi but you must proof what are you saying otherwise most probably will be repercussion. if you have the contract signed and you are working legally here you have more rights then in Romania :) If you are working illegally you can be deported but most probably it's better then what are you facing now.
If you need help send my a message on my private email.
Good luck!

Laurentiu

Have you taked to anyone at your home country's embassy? You may also try to contact Interpol. They have a website. It is, www.interpol.int

I am not familiar with the working laws in the UAE  but what you are describing sounds like it may be a transnational issue. This is why Interpol would be helpful, they are an international law enforcement agency if you did not know.

What you are describing is horrible! I hope you do contact the places above and keep me updated. Best of luck to you!

Please inform the Ministry of Labour regarding your situation.  They are the correct authority to take the right action and protect the workers of your company.

Hello,

Finally, on 7 of March I finish once for all with the company.

It wasn't very easy but at the end I received all my rights (even this it was with the Police, the Court, Ministry of Labour and Romanian Embassy). It's a long story and I don't want to become boring!

Sincerely, never in my life I didn't thought that this can happen. It's true that, at the end they couldn't do nothing just to put the head down and give me the rights and this is supposed to be an easy and nice way finished with a handshake and that's it....but..not all the time people are happy to do this and they try to create problems even they don't have right!

Anyway...I am happy now and I hope that they have learned something from this!

Thanks to all of you who have wrote me!

I am happy it all worked out for you! Good luck to you for the future!!!!

Next time, do the homework about your employer before signing the contract.

Let me tell you one thing "mjrv"....if always we will know what are the repercussions at what we do...the life it will not be as it is! I hope that you get the point :)...if you know always what and when you will do...you will never do! sometimes you think that you are smart but someone can shows you that you have a wrong impresion!!!

I am sure that you too as me, after hundreds research you realised that not everything it's like you thought!

Good luck Ck laudia - If you have no intentions of returning to UAE I hope you can share your experience after you leave on a few expat sites to warn others.  Google is a wonderful thing.

My Dear,

I am really sorry to hear about your situation. You can complain to Abu Dhabi Ministry of Labour. I am sure they are more than willing to entertain your problem.

Goodluck

Fatimah

Good to hear that everything worked out well for you. To my advice with anyone that is being bullied by your company, all you need to do is consult the ministry of labour and they will assist you in any possible way. I have known a lot of folks who have won their cases against their employer and non that lost their fight.

Thank you to all of you who have wrote me in all this time!

I'm still doing research until 7 of April when my visa will expire. In all this time I finded some offers but sincerely not what I want! Maybe in the last moment I will get a miracle :) never knows!!!

I wish you a great time in United Arab Emirates and maybe we will hear again from God knows where!

what did you sign a contract to do?  I am waiting for a contract from ADEC, and based on the feedback I have read, a situation like this has not happened?

Dear Felicia,

ADEC it's a respectable company and I am sure that in your case can't happen this because they know to appreciate people and keep a word according with what you sign. They will not lose the reputation on market "having fun" with this kind of dirty things, belive me!

Good luck and anyway, be -precaut- all the time!

Go to Mazyad Mal(Mussafah),after the corner is Ministery of Labour for employee,and make a complain(shell be 2th floor,as much I remember.I am in the same situation,I have a case now there.But be prepared to stay few more months here.Good luck.

I think it is a bit late,I just read today the post.Anyway,good you solve it!

Thank you Soledad! :)

The Min. of Labour helped me but very fast, just one week and I took my rights! Actually the Police was involved as well and they did a good job!

I am still here, trying to find something good!

I wish you a great time in Uae!