Really really need some advice

Hey guys,

I know I don't come on here often enough to make a post this personal, but if i was going to ask anyone for advice on moving to Amsterdam it'd have to be people who already have.

Do any of you work for hotels? I've been offered a position in the airport hotel as a room attendant. The pay is 12 euros an hour however they would want me to move straight away *within 2 weeks* and I have a flat and a pet and my boyfriend lives here!

So you can see my problem.. did you find it hard to settle in Amsterdam? Ofcourse I love it there but I only know it from holiday experience. Is the pay I've been offered enough for me to live comfortably? And are people friendly?

If there is anyone that can relate to this topic or can offer any advice please feel free to PM me or reply on here.

Thanks,

Kate

How many hours will you be working a week? You should really calculate your monthly and yearly income, then calculate all your expenses you will have to pay for.

Go for it, Kate. I moved here in 2010 from sunny Southern California + have never looked back. It's not easy to find a job here...at least you have that. Learn more about the expat experience in A'dam here: uncloggedblog.com. Good luck!

Amsterdam is a great place, the people there are friendly and helpful. You have been lucky to find a full time job and 12 euro is not bad at all, its pretty average now. Do they provide you with room and board?

They can provide accommodation, to start i'd be on 270 euros as the minimum hours Im going to get will be 22.5.. as time goes on I'm assuming this will go up.

I want to make the move with my boyfriend so im looking for my own accomodation.

Thank you for your kind works and encouragement, they have been in touch today and I have told them I would like to accept the job.

Wish me luck!
- on a side note if anyone here knows of any cheap accomodation/ any other sites/jobs for my boyfriend that'd be great. He's a chef over here at the moment but im hoping he will find a job also. :)

- on a side note if anyone here knows of any cheap accomodation/ any other sites/jobs for my boyfriend that'd be great. He's a chef over here at the moment but im hoping he will find a job also. :)

The Housing in Amsterdam section could help. Do not hesitate to post an advert there. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

There are lots of posts for housing + jobs on elynx.nl. Good luck.