Hello Everyone !!

Hi,

I am new to Brussels and i do not know anything about french or dutch. I am construction engineer by profession and looking for a job in english speaking sector. I know its hard to find a job in your field so thats why i dont mind if i wont get a job particularly in my experienced field though, i just a need job desperately.   

However, i'm facing some serious problems due to unemployment i have bills to pay and loads of pending work to be done as soon as possible. IS there anyone who could help me out in this awkward situation ?.

I don't know anyone here as well so obviously thats a the reason im posting this message public ally here on Expat.com. 

Please reply me!

Best Regards,
MJ

Hello MJ.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You could post an advert in the Jobs in Brussels section. It can help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hi MJ,

Welcome to Brussels.

How to find job in Belgium if you don't speak French and Dutch? Well frankly, its a million dollar question. I'm not sure about the timings but once in a while there are a few jobs open houses hosted by different organizations / universities. Maybe you can try your luck there. Normally these events are free and all you have to do is show up there with a couple of copies of your CV.

I would highly recommnend you to first of all start learning French of Dutch. For French I think the best option available is VUB. They charge around 150 Euros per semester including study material, which is faily cheap for a 6 hours a week, 4 months course. For Dutch you can even find some free course. Once you have some luck with French or Dutch, I'm sure the situation would be much better.

Also, if you are seriously considering working in Belgium, I think you better start your masters or management degree in a local university. VUB, ULB etc are quite cheap and adds to your CV.

I hope this helps.

Regards