How to check the work permit status?

Hello,

Do you know how to check the work permit status? Is there any link to check  or it's only the employer who can check it?

THANK YOU

Hello expat members,

Anyone can help me on this topic?

How can I check the status of the work permit? Is there any link or email to check?

Thanks

Only the employer (or the agency on their behalf) who submitted the application can check its status.

Thank you, is it a manual process or on line?

No idea. I would assume the employer or their agent knows what channels to use to follow up with the ministry.

Hey Aneesh,

Thanks for replying. I got the employment in Brussels and my employer filed my workpemit Type B application on 4th of May , till now I have not received any response on my WP. When I checked with my employer , he mentioned that the applications takes 6-8 weeks. Just wanted to know what is the usual processing time ?

Thanks!

The same for me, mine submitted mid of April and no response yet.

Your employment is in Brussels ? I just got a reply from my employer that migration office has staffing issues and they are working in a half capacity ..so there is a delay ..for me he said by end of June. not sure why this process is slow, initially he told that WP will be processed in just 4 weeks.

Yes , in Brussels , so  I should expect the same?

I think so , what was the application date ? Did you check with your employer ?

JerryTim wrote:

Hey Aneesh,

Thanks for replying. I got the employment in Brussels and my employer filed my workpemit Type B application on 4th of May , till now I have not received any response on my WP. When I checked with my employer , he mentioned that the applications takes 6-8 weeks. Just wanted to know what is the usual processing time ?

Thanks!

It can take up to 2.5 months, its depends on how busy they are.

Hey Nabila,
Did you check with ur employer ?

Yes , they told me they don't have any visibility when it will be ready, they will check and get back to me this week.

Ok ..let me know if you receive any update. Thanks!

Hello,

They just told me that they expect it first week of July, but they didn't tell me when exactly they submit it.

By the way did you Check the process of long stay visa? From which country you are coming?

Thanks

My employer has also informed the same about my WP. I will be moving from India.

6-8 weeks is correct official timeline. Usually it comes in 5-6 weeks. I received it last week (in 1 month)

When did you apply ?

I think there is an internal process in each employer which take time also. So it depends on how fast the employer prepare the request on thier side.

I have the same answer from my empolyer, end of July and they said nothing about the date when they apply.
I still have to do visa after WP is done. Anyone have any idea how long this could take?
Thank you

@Nabila , my WP is approved. My employer informed me.

From which country you are coming? It depends on the load on your embassy.

Up to my information it will take from 2 weeks to few months .

great news :) congratulations, what is the next step for you know?

My employer told me that my file is completed and sent for validation, but i don't understand what this means,  any one have an idea?

congratulations :(

i just saw your feedback today, i don't know why . but any way it is a good news.

my employer told me that my file completed and sent for validation , but i don't understand what this means and when to expect it, do you have any idea?

Thank you. They must have sent it to the immigration office. It will take around 5 weeks.

Next step for me is to go ahead with Visa filing.

do you mean it was still in the employer side ? or it is in another department ?

previously they told me it will be ready first week for JULY, I got confused.

Check with them if they have filed your WP or not with the Labor ministry , if they have , then what was the date ? From that date, count 6 weeks. Within 6 weeks , you should have it.

i asked them but i didn't feedback yet :(  this is why i am asking here in case you know the steps?

Steps are straightforward.

1. Your employer creates your file,  collects all required docs (from you, and from them) and makes the paperwork.
2. Your employer files the application to the Labour ministry.
3. Labour ministry takes the decision (takes upto 6 weeks as mentioned already)
4. Labour ministry communicates the decision to your employer and advices to pick up the physical work permit from the local townhall where the employer is located, if the decision is positive. Employer may inform you on the success at this stage.
5. Employer collects the physical work permit and sends it to you via courier.
6. You apply at your nearest Belgian consulate (or VFS) with rest of the documents and the work permit, for a D type visa. Document checklist is available in consulate or DOFI website.
7. If documentation is complete, consulate grants you the visa. They will return the work permit and other supporting documents as applicable.
8. You enter Belgium using your D type visa.
9. You establish your residence in Belgium, join your employer/.
10. You report to the local office (commune/townhall) where you chose to live, make the registration for a residence permit. This process is discussed many times in many threads in our forum. Once you get residence permit, your D type visa is not relevant anymore.
11. You get a residence permit (for the duration of your WP). Your employer renews your work permit every year (of course if they want to continue working with you). Based on the renewed WP, your residence permit is renewed. After 5 work permits, you apply for a long term residence permit or even nationality. When either of this is granted, there is no need to renew work permit anymore.

Thank you very much, it's very clear now.

I would kindly ask for your advise, here is what concernes me:
My employer anounsed me that the WP will be ready (they will get the answer) in the last week of July. This leaves me 2 weeks to prepare and move to Belgium, since my plan is to come a bit earlier to set things right before my contract starts in September.
My worrie is that I should announce my resignation on my current job before I get the answer for WP.

Can anybody tell me a bit more what could be the reasons for WP to be denied? Should I be worried about this?

Thank you all for you help,it means a lot.

Hello, Please let the work permit come ..then only resign

maria_maria123 wrote:

Can anybody tell me a bit more what could be the reasons for WP to be denied? Should I be worried about this?

>> Chances of rejection of WP is very minimal (0.001%). However as mentioned above, it is always on the safer side to wait for WP approval confirmation to resign from your current job.

Thank you @aneeshks, this means a lot to me. I will adjust my logistic according to that.

I have the same questions also :)

The informations provided are very useful.

Hello Aneeshks and members,

I need another advise, I have tourist Visa valid for 1 year (short stay) . Can I go to Brussels and apply for the long stay Visa from Brussels? Or I can apply for residence permit directly ? I want to avoid the long waiting time to get the long g stay Visa in my country,  what could be the possible scenario in my case?

Note : my husband also have short stay Visa.

In order to establish long term residence you must enter the country in a type d visa. Type d Visa processing does not take much time l. It is the work permit that takes time.

Thank you so much.  You are always providing useful details;)

JerryTim wrote:

Thank you. They must have sent it to the immigration office. It will take around 5 weeks.

Next step for me is to go ahead with Visa filing.

Hello JerryTim,

What is the status of your Visa application?

Thanks

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, but I find it extremely helpful already! I have several major concerns regarding my WP process... I am waiting for my WP for about 6 weeks already and I am fearing the rejection because of the minimum salary requirement vs my wage as in the contract. Because it is slightly lower than the law requiers ( 3.000 smth eur), my company changed my contract from fixed employee to 1 year “internship” in order to meet the minimum requirements. Should I worry for rejection you think? Anyone has info on how strict labor ministry actually is when it gets to wages offered by companies?

many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Bella☺️