Visa Process

Hi. I have just been offered a teaching job in Jeddah throuh contacts of my father who is currently living in the kingdom with my mother and sister (All Legal.) I am also in the country at the moment on a visit visa. At first, the school, my father and myself tried to get me onto my fathers iqama but because i am over 23, i am apparently to old to fall under His iqama. So right now we are in the process of getting me my own iqama while i work for the school (Illigaly as im on a visit visa:o )

I have heard many rumours that i have to return to my home country in order to change my visit visa to a residency visa before a iqama is issued.

Is this true? Because to be honest, it is such a massive headache having to leave for a week or two, considering i am already in the country legally, even if it is on a visit visa.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hello field hockey.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some useful informations soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Yes, you have heard it right. Visit visas are not changed to Work ones.

Only an under-the-table deal can help (not reconmended or advised at all), that will cost 15-20k SAR.

Thanks for the info. Ive noticed that so many "under the table" deals exists. But i dont see the point of paying 20000SAR only to shoot yourself in the arse with another 10000sar fine when you eventually leave.