How to earn living in Thailand to afford expenses

Dear friends,
My boyfriend and I (we are going to get married on arriving in Thailand) are in our country and we have decided to move to Thailand forever, but we do not know how to find a job. I have MA in English Language and Literature, and my boyfriend has a lot of experiences in different jobs, esp. repairing electronics, working with computer soft wares,but unfortunately he does not have any degree to present.
I searched about teaching English in Thailand, but the salary(35,000 Baht per month) is not enough to support both of us.
So we need your experience to find a way to earn living in Thailand.

Sahar

Not so easy to find a job that pays reasonable money.
Have you looked at universities or colleges for teaching positions ?
You're BF will be in the same boat in trying to find a well paid job. There are many Thai people doing the same as him for very little pay. 
The only thing is to keep searching online. 

Thai authorities make it difficult for foreigners whom wish to live permanently in Thailand. The mountain of paperwork that has to be done regularly is confusing. 

Good luck.

dorood.
shoma age shoghli gir avordi k 30000baht ham hoguh dasht boro khoda ro shokr kon azizam.chon english chiziye k bishtare kharejiha baladan va mikhan dars bedan.taze shoghli ro k thailandi betune anjam bede az nazare ghanooni nemitunan be khareji bedan.

@amirparthianshot, could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.

ok dear Harmounie
translation:
if u got any job with 35000baht salary per month u should be thankful hence teaching English is a common job and many forign people try to do it,by the way,as far as i am concerned,if a job can be done by a thai person,the company is not allowed to hire a non-thai person,unless that person has got some especial talenst.

another advice
dear Sahar,due to the economical problems in Iran and increase of dollar rate,no where is cheap.even thailand.i have been living here for nearly 8 month.its true that in general the life is cheap here but u should consider the exchange value of Rial to dollar.dont go anywhere for living unless u become sure that u can have job,otherwise u will just lose ur time and money.but if u get the job with 35000salary i can help u to find some cheap and good place to rent.i repeat,that amount of money is a high salary,my thai friends work as clerk in companies but the max of their salary is 15000baht.
i snuggest u to come here just for visit and get a little experience,then decide for living

Hi, thanks a lot for your helpful advices.

Actually, I searched on the Internet about some of the English institutes which are in Thailand and are searching for non-native teachers to teach English language. They themselves have claimed that pay around 30,000-35,000 baht per month.
I do not have any experience about this one.

Some months ago, I got familiar with an Iranian person who is working in Walen School in Thailand, and he told me if I start co-operation with him, he will pay about 25,000 baht per month, but unfortunately I could not trust him.

About 7 years ago, my boyfriend was in Thailand for almost 5 months, and due to that he has some experience and information.

And there is another question: is it possible to do any kind of online jobs in Thailand to earn living?

Thanks for your attention.

not many online jobs,just online surveys
but maybe some companies need some clerk as an online guide in order to reply emails or online tasks
gotta facebook?
if so send me ur id in private message,i know a lady who works in wallen too,she might help u,but dont focus only on walen

Hi Amir, thanks a lot.
yes, I do. This is my id in facebook: englishteacher1391.
Two more questions: 1- how much is the exchange rate of 1 dollar to baht in Thailand?
2- Is possible to support two with 30,000 baht?
Thanks.

i couldnt find ur id,send me ur email in private message plz.
the rate is  1 US $=30.3baht
it depends on ur living style and where u live,the main part of ur living cost is the rent of ur place.but i think u can live with that amount for a while until u adapt yourselves with the situation

dear Amir,
I would be grateful if you would give me your id in facebook.
Ok, I think we can live with that money, but we cannot apply for permanent residency, because it is necessary to be able to pay taxes.

Sahar 2020

Hi, I guess that you are not from the UK/US/AUS/NZ/CAN as you mention non-native English teacher.

Non-native English teacher-this description in Thailand refers to folk from the Phillipines and India for example

In your last reply you mentioned permanent resedency, unless you are Thai,or are very rich this is out of reach. You mention living on 35,000 Baht per month so I guess you are not rich.

Two people can certainly live on that amount, but it depends where and what standards you want.  Also ask yourself what would happen if you or you new husband get sick.

Visa's and work permits for Thailand are a complex issue but if you are suitably qualified and have a firm job offer it could be OK for YOU, however what about your husband? What visa will he obtain?

Good luck with your travels but I fancy Thailand might not be right for you.

Hi Mike,
Thanks a lot for your detailed advices.
So what is your suggestion for me?
I have an MA in English language and Literature. what kind of job is suitable for me in Thailand? I mean a well-paid job to be able to afford all expenses.
Or, if Thailand is not right for me, which country do you offer?

Hi Sahar,

Best advice I can offer is be realistic about your plans for the future and also perhaps check your use of English in your writing(if you want to teach it). ;-)

Twelve-plus ways to Earn a Living in Bangkok:

http://bit.ly/UuCxFm

If you have a teaching degree you could earn quite a bit more.
Should do some correspondence with international school to see
how they would accept your degree if you don't have a teaching degree.  Or universities.  Would be surprised if your boyfriend could work for anyone except a multinational using his credentials.

Dear friend,
Thanks a lot for your advice.
Schools in Thailand say that first I have to apply for TEFL course and then I can apply for teaching. And because I am non-native, finding a well-paid teaching is more difficult.
unfortunately, my boyfriend does not have any credentials. If I can find a good job to save some money via teaching in Thailand, he can take part in some courses to get his credentials.

I cannot speak anything of jobs in Thailand, but from my personal experience, I advise you and your partner to create your own internet business.  That your partner doesn't have a degree with your own online business doesn't matter. There are a lot of people making it online, so it is up to both of you to put out the effort to see the results.  Again, I speak only from theory, because I have researched internet businesses a lot, but have not started one yet - but I intend to, and will soon!  So hoping this helps you in some small way.  Best!  Dave

Dear Sahar,

have you tried universities?
i saw an ad where Mahidol University has some open vacancies and they require English teachers, am sure with your qualification you could get thru,
well 
http://www.muids.mahidol.ac.th/wp-conte … on-A4.docx

plz check the above link and see,

tc..

Sahar2020 wrote:

Dear friends,
My boyfriend and I (we are going to get married on arriving in Thailand) are in our country and we have decided to move to Thailand forever, but we do not know how to find a job. I have MA in English Language and Literature, and my boyfriend has a lot of experiences in different jobs, esp. repairing electronics, working with computer soft wares,but unfortunately he does not have any degree to present.
I searched about teaching English in Thailand, but the salary(35,000 Baht per month) is not enough to support both of us.
So we need your experience to find a way to earn living in Thailand.

Sahar

Dear friend,
Hi. Thanks a lot for your attention. I try to get more information.
I hope it is a way.
Best wishes

Hi Sahar,

You can try looking for jobs online.

By Thai standards 35k is great money, by western its ok. you can't get fancy on it though.... Maybe you can both work?