Extend visa

hello i am indian but now i am in brazil and when i am coming here i have 3 month tourist visa after i extend itŽs was 90 day more but now my visa is finish 12 feb. and i want live here more becouse i live here with my lover and we gat marriage but no have more visa please tell me how can i live more here i want just one month more after i gat marriage

Hello Tarundabur,

Unfortunately, if you have already extended your tourist visa and the 180 day total is going to expire in February you will not be able to extend it again. You will also not be able to get married if your visa is expired. You must be legally in the country to get married.

The only thing that I can suggest is that you and your future wife both go to the Regional Superintendency of the Federal Police in Lapa (Departamento de Estrangeiros) right away and talk to them about the situation. If you have the documents ready to schedule the wedding perhaps they can advise you on what you should do. If they won't extend your visa then you will have to leave the country on or before February 12th.

However all is not lost, you can go to the Cartório and arrange for a proxy wedding (Casamento por Procuração) which will allow her to have the wedding take place here in Brazil even though you have gone back to India. The 'procuração' permits another person to stand in (legally) for you during the wedding. Once the marriage has taken place and you have an original of the Marriage Certificate you can apply in India for your permanent visa (com base em cônjuge brasileira). You will have to wait until it has been issued before returning to Brazil. See the link below regarding Casamento por Procuração.

http://www.portalconsular.mre.gov.br/mu … -no-brasil

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

thanks dear wjwoodward
please tell to me can i will gat student visa without leaving country. any way to live here becoz i just want some more dayŽs dear
again thanks dear

Hi Tarundabur,

I really don't know if it is possible to transform a tourist visa into a student visa. You should check with the Federal Police, but I think that they would be more inclined to find some way of helping you out because of the impending marriage. Your situation is complicated, but it doesn't hurt to ask them what you can do. The worst case scenario is that you will have to leave Brazil and apply for another kind of visa there. I think your best option is to go to the Federal Police first, ask your questions and then if they can't help you go to the Cartório and do everything necessary to arrange for the Marriage by Proxy. If you eventually have to go back to India at least the proxy wedding will reduce the time you will have to be out of the country.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

thanks William James
i will try to Cartório then i tel u what they told me and i will also go Federal Police.
thank you again dear