Regarding Accommodation

Hi,
I am new to this blog, and requesting your help for the below mentioned query regarding accommodation...

My job place will be @ Jeddah international airport and I will be staying with my family (wife, myself and 6 month kid).

I want to know abt the area where we can stay not too far from airport and should be near to some good malls.

If any one can guide me with the following thing, I will be highly thankful...

1) Rent of furnished 2BR flat in either of the mentioned area Al Sharafiyah, Aziziya & Al Hamra.
2) And the basic expense for month expenditure which includes monthly groceries, travel cost (taxi), etc..
3) Are there places where we can go with family i.e. restaurant, beaches, amusement park (whether females are allowed)
4) And general things...

Awaiting your recommendation.

Thank you
Jatin

Jatin there are plenty of other threads on this if you want to search - in general:

1. The north side of Jeddah has many malls - so if near airport you are also not far from many malls

2. Costs- depends on lifestyle, what you eat and where you shop, how often you eat out etc. Imported goods are more expensive than local - markets/souks are cheaper than big shopping centres like Red Sea Mall.

3. In Jeddah family places are abundant - most restaurants have family areas - amusement parks are for family - there are beaches also for family........... if a local Saudi establishment your wife will need to wear abaya - so in restaurants/amusement parks but at some of the beaches which are western she will not have to to wear it.

4. Taxi cost will again depend on where you go and how often. Local taxis are cheaper than private taxis but they are also a little more dodgy! In a private taxi service you will pay about SR30-40 for a 30-40min trip, local taxis can be cheaper.

Can't help with rent.

JK, Al Sharafiyah, Aziziya & Al Hamra are really far from KAAA INT'L terminal. If you choose to live in those areas it would cost you around SR100 for taxi ride -round trip-, though the rent in those areas are relatively cheaper than the north side of Jeddah. In Azizyah you will find the majority of the residences there are Indians and Pakistani, you will find a lot of Indian/Pakistani stores there.

I hope I offered you a good advice, don't hesitate if you have more inquires  .

best place to reside would be Azizia or Arabeen street (Rehab)
though might be little far from your workplace
groceries daily items easily available in walking distance or home delivery service.
Jeddah is a good  place for family life. Lot of restaurants, beaches, amusement parks etc.