Working week in Bergen

Hi

From this January I'll be working and living in Bergen from Monday to Thursdays most weeks and I'd like to get know some locals not just through work, start to make clumsy efforts to learn the local language and to be introduced to some of the local restaurants and bars that you wouldn't necessarily know bout unless shown by a Bergen resident.

Ideas welcome

Thanks
John

Hello John.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Bars in Norway? hahahaha they are way to expensive my friend, a beer costs like 65 kroner or something! And there is not a "pub culture" in Norway as there is in the UK/Ireland so you might as well pay the tuition fees instead of paying the beers to learn the language :)

JohnPattison wrote:

Hi

From this January I'll be working and living in Bergen from Monday to Thursdays most weeks and I'd like to get know some locals not just through work, start to make clumsy efforts to learn the local language and to be introduced to some of the local restaurants and bars that you wouldn't necessarily know bout unless shown by a Bergen resident.

Ideas welcome

Thanks
John

Bergen is great for outdoors such as walking (but only in summer not during high winter of course) so maybe you could join a walking club in summer if you still need learn or perhaps polish your Norwegian skills by then because Norwegians love the nature and some of it's finest is in Western Norway...