How much Quebec French differs from France French?

How much Quebec French differs from France French?
What is the difrence?

tetesaclaques.tv

:-)

Hi Warsaw !

I'm from France and trust me the difference is huge :)

First the accent is completely different.But then, when you get used to it, you still may have difficulties to understand them because sometimes they don't use the same words. One day I wnted to have my hair cut and I explained to the woman that I was French and I didn't know the worlds to explain what I wanted. so she found somebody who spoke French. It was funny because most of the time the words to describe what she was going were completely different... I couldn't have tried in English, it would have been the same :) We can understand each other but sometimes it leads to funny situations.
I was told that the French from Quebec isn't the same as the French spoken in Ontario for example... :)

As much as England differs from the Usa :).

Québec is a complicated case since we traces our origins from France but have been in a north-american atmosphere for 400 years. The accent is different, the food is different, we are sort of Americanized but do retain some european influence (preference for smaller compact cars for example). Quebec in the 1900s used to be more agricultural and most people lived in rural areas but have since now moved to cities to become more urbanized. lol i'd have more stuff to say but I have to go to sleep! take care :rolleyes: