Moving to Mainila

My name is Wayne Hall I a 66 years old, and at the present time I am still a mail carrier in a little town in Texas called Ector. I have meet this young lady from Manila, and she has two kids, and she wants me to move there marry her and help take care of her an and her kids>. Well I have a slight problem I am not rich, I dont have a 401 k plan, and I dont have retirement benefits> all I will have it 800 dollars coming in each month for social secuirity, which I understand I can retire on in the philippines, but not here? But I would really like to find some kind of job this old man can do to suppliment my income, but I dont now that country and I dont know anyone over there, so I could sure use someone to take my under their wings and give me some advice and help maybe with a job reference and the best place to live and eat? I know that most of the people over there are alot younget than me so most of you do want some old man hanging around,but if just one of you would feel sorry for me and give me some pointers I will fe eternally grateful.

Thanks so much

Wayne Hall
[email protected]

Wayne
1st $800 (32,000p) p/m is not enough if kids are included in ur budget,maybe if they go to govt school? but in our case it cost
that alone for 3 kids about half of 70,000p p/m
u will have rent on top as well,as for employment here, maybe but it will pay so little propably 200p p/day.
as I have written often here any foreigner must have an overseas income equal to his Filipino budget before he moves here.
as for young people, most of the foreigner I know where I live are older than me (62yo)
I lived in Manila for 12mths, too polluted, TRAFFIC for me
the provinces are cheaper as well for fresh food and from all reports there are plenty of great places to live other than Manila
Pete

Well I do appreciate your reply, doesnt sound good for me to try and move there on my measly 800 dollars a month social security, and I have not been hearing good reports from there about jobs. amd for a man of my age66 I would imagine it would be even harder, unless some amaerican company could would hire me,even as a jantor? but it is hard to get in touch with people over there,hey if you happent to hear anything that would help me hope you will drop me a line?

Thanks
Wayne Hall
[email protected]

Wayne,

Even in the provinces, $800 would not be enough. How about medical?  You wont be able to get medicare.

No company, US or local, is going to hire you as a janitor, driver, or unskilled laborer. The is a country where people leave to work in other countries as maids for $300 a month. Also, who is going to sponsor you on a work permit? Not going to happen.

At least in the US, you will have safety net of govt assistance and can find work if you are able. In the Phils, you will be in very bad shape. Do not come over.  My two cents.

dhnindc wrote:

Wayne,

Even in the provinces, $800 would not be enough. How about medical?  You wont be able to get medicare.

No company, US or local, is going to hire you as a janitor, driver, or unskilled laborer. The is a country where people leave to work in other countries as maids for $300 a month. Also, who is going to sponsor you on a work permit? Not going to happen.

At least in the US, you will have safety net of govt assistance and can find work if you are able. In the Phils, you will be in very bad shape. Do not come over.  My two cents.

Honestly, he is right.

Jubhie wrote:
dhnindc wrote:

Wayne,

Honestly, he is right.

pretty much everything that has to be said.

Honestly, how would you feel about being a sugardaddy for this woman and her two kids?
Will you be willing to marry her prior to meeting her?  You dont even know this woman?

I hate to say it that you might be getting scammed for your $800monthly. 

Good luck

However, I have read that $800/month is sufficient to live in the provinces.  You can retire here and find a nice provincial town and meet a right girl for you.  Not the scammers looking for a sugar daddy.
I agree Manila is dirty, expensive, and too congested.

Hi all
I live in Naga City, I know foreigners that live on far less than 32,000p p/m, but only because of necessasity, they are broke
look a man& wife could rent an apartment 8,000p,water 500p,elect 3000p food 10000p,gas 1000p etc but as u can see not much left for medical, entertainment or any luxuries
Pete