Relocating to Sweden>Taking Photo Gear>Any Import Taxes/Duties?

I will be moving to Sweden (from Australia) for a couple of years in a couple of months. I have a range of photographic gear which I would like to take with me.

1. Are there any taxes or duties for me to carry my own gear into Sweden? (I am afraid they might think its an import).

2. Once in Sweden, what are the taxes/regulations/duties that apply to importation of photographic products purchased outside of Sweden? (e.g. a Purchase from B&H [America])

Hi,

I don't think you have to worry about that but you can contact Swedish Customs and ask: 

http://www.tullverket.se/en/startpage/c … 00321.html

Helena

Hi,

Nopes! you don't have to worry about any taxes or duties.

/Billie

Hi there,

As you would with any trip, try and take as much of the most important gear with you either as hand luggage or in a steel/aluminium pelican case in checked luggage. Anything other than that (tripods, backgrounds, lights etc) is fine to ship as long as you give a detailed description of what you're shipping and of course.... insure it! The last thing you want is something going missing in shipping. I did the same thing when I moved here and had zero problems and everything came out the other end in perfect condition.

Good luck with the move (if you haven't already done it)
Cheers,
PC