Car rental

OK Motors across from Scotia bank...are these guys legitimate?  Safe to rent from?  I think ewe have a Honda cry for $38us/day.

Yes they are a ligit service. Try L & I motors in Sosua (they will deliver the car to you in Cabarete) for about $35 a day and are very reliable and will respond to any problems that you may have.
You can contact them at809-571-2452

Bob K

Thanks Bob. 

How close are they to the Caribe bus station?  Reason I ask is that we are planning on taking a trip to Santa Domingo and could pickup the car when we get back from there.  Also...for the Caribe bus ride to Santo Domingo I believe we just show up and buy our tickets there...330 pesos/pp I think.  Where is the Caribe bus station in Sosua?

Thanks

I would take the Metro bus from Sosua (at the Texaco station) They run 4 buses a day. Buses are a bit nicer, and the route is faster wtih fewer stops. I think it is 380 pesos each way but worth the extra $$. Caribe tours is actually at the light in Charamicos and so you will need to get there for the bus. Do take a light sweater no mater which one you take as it can get cool with some great AC.
The rental place is about a 2.5 block walk from the texaco station.
Enjoy

Bob K

Thanks Bob...we will take your advice and go metro...if i read this correctly

.metroserviciosturisticos.com/rutas_horarios.html

Bus leaves 820, 1020, etc from Sosua?  Assume we just show up at the Texaco station (30mins before...would that be enough time?) And we just buy tickets at that time?

Thanks

30 minutes is plenty of time and yes just get your ticket then. You will find Metro a much better service.

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Yes they are a ligit service. Try L & I motors in Sosua (they will deliver the car to you in Cabarete) for about $35 a day and are very reliable and will respond to any problems that you may have.
You can contact them at809-571-2452

Bob K

Is this price with insurance Bob?

Yes L and I includes full insurance.

Bob K