NEED ADVICE.Where to Vacation in Southen Brazil close to the ocean?

Hello, and yes I know this forum is principally for people that wishes to move from 1 country to another. I hope I not testing the patience's of the moderators with this post too much.^^

So... I'm from the Paraguayan-side of this forum trying to help (or maybe just plain scaring them away) anybody that's brave or crazy enough thinking of moving to Paraguay.That's why I thought of asking for help\advice here.

OK, so, I'm wishing\thinking of finally taking a vacation beginning of next year to see the sea again.It's been since I've moved to PY that I last saw the ocean so it's been almost 18 years...I want to see it again!

What I'm asking for; advice on places to stay SOUTH of São Paulo WHERE "peace" is the key-word.Of-course as close to the ocean as possible.It may be a simple bed-and-breakfast or just a normal hotel, but I want "peace." My idea of a perfect holiday is getting up at 5am to see/be on the beach to see the sun-rise in peace, doing whatever the day over and enjoying sunset-evening before going to bed again. Point is I want to relax!
Not even thinking of going with our car, its petrol/nafta so it would simply just not be worth it for us.Planning on simply getting on-to a bus, getting off at Curitiba (or where-ever) and from there on going to our final destination.I'm asking for 5-7 days of peace.
Any suggestion\recommendations please?
Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.

Hola Nic'oPY,

Wrong brother, clearly your questions looking for advice on a tourist destination are more than welcome here. Well at least in the Brazil Forum they sure are!

While I have not had the great pleasure of going there myself yet, I hear all the time that Florianópolis is spectacular. If you are thinking of someplace a little less inhabited and slower paced then it's a good jumping off point for one of the many small coastal towns nearby.

I'm sure that you will get lots of suggestions from our members. You will love the beaches and the reception you get here in Brazil that's for sure. Enjoy your vacation to the max, bring money for the shopping and partying..... but the memories are free.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog.

Hi Sir, yes I've heard Florianópolis is quite spectacular too, but that's precisely the kind of place I want to try to avoid. Again, we want peace, we don't need to run around seeing 1000 kind of different stuff per day, although the night life of Brazil we want to get to know better, missed it on our first trip to Brazil because we didn't know better... I sure wish to feel beach sand beneath me feet again with the ocean in-front of me, so lets see if somebody can offer some advice.
Either the Ocean or we'll just get into our car and go explore Bonito in Mato Grosso del Sur, but like I said, I wish for the SEA.

Hi Nic'oPY,

In that case then I sure would recommend any of the small costal town in and around the Florianópolis area. Once you get out of the city the pace will slow down subtantially and you'll get the peace and quiet you are looking for. Check out Google Maps for the names of the surrounding towns and Google them for tourism ideas, that should work.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Thx, have already been doing so for a while now, I just hope with this post someone would come and say "but I've stayed there or there" and it was "so and so"...

Most likely somebody will. Keep checking back.... right now it looks like the forum has gone into the pre-Chrismas/New Year/Carnaval slack period a little early. Not too many of our members posting anything at the moment.

Sometimes I feel like posting a topic just to shout "Hey, is there anybody out there?" LOL

Cheers
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

dont worry William ! you are doing a great work as animator on this forum :)

I personally dont have a sugestion on that particular location for the moment.