Suggestions on the best place to live in france !!!!!

Hi all ,

I have a desire to move to france , where I dont know yet .
Im a single mom of one son .

I want to move somewhere with good schools and a good possiblity of finding work , I have very basic french but intend taking classes before I get there .

I hope to move to somewhere with a village athmosphere , friendly welcoming people , a place with some life year round .

Any help is welcomed and appreciated !

Thanks

Hi Jodyjo - the general consensus is that France is a great place for ex-pats, if you are healthy and retired.

You raise a lot of points - do you want to live among your countryfolk and assorted Brits, or do you want to live among French people?

Are the French friendly and welcoming? When the Munster rugby supporters were here last January they were saying just how friendly and welcoming the French were - quite a compliment from the Irish - so be reassured on that point.

What are your finances like? Have you looked at house prices in various parts of France and what can you afford?

You might also look around various job sites.

In short a lot of internet research is required - including an honest appreciation of your budget, skills and employment possibilities. There are stories of ex-pats here selling their furniture to feed their children.

But good luck

Montpellier!!!

I currently live in Nimes wich is just a 30 min train ride from Montp. and it is a great place, descent schools, universities and a lot of english speaking people to help you with your French. Dont trust me... Google it and do some research.

Falkie88 wrote:

Montpellier!!!

I currently live in Nimes wich is just a 30 min train ride from Montp. and it is a great place, descent schools, universities and a lot of english speaking people to help you with your French. Dont trust me... Google it and do some research.

I have to agree on that one !
9 years in Montpellier = bliss !