Climbing

Hey!

I am from Bangalore and enjoy climbing and interested in meeting other climbers from everywhere...

Cool!this is Scott from chad.in the same way we are interested to make more relation with you people.i mean people from here"india"

Hi Scott,

Welcome to India and I hope you are having a good time.  Where in India are you located and  have you tried climbing here

tk u.i am currently in bangalore "kormangala" yeahh doing good here.so tell me how is life over there?

Hey Scott,
  Nice to know that you are in Koramangala. Where in Koramangala do you stay? I too stay in Koramangala. We could probably meet up some time.

- Cheers,
  Karthik

Hi Sandra,

I climb regularly at a climbing gym located on Sarjapur Road and have tried outdoor bouldering just once recently.  In fact we tried outdoor free group bouldering which was fun but I would also like to try climbing rocks and the locations I know of are Badami and Hampi.  Also trying to get a group to go bouldering at a spot called Turahalli about half hour drive away from Bangalore for half a day.  Let me know if you are interested we could try to form a group and go

good to see you pursue and try to do it at new location

Hi Suvvi,
Please let me know whenever there is an outing for rock climbing. I have been trained in rock climbing only at the gym but no outdoor experience yet though I have been an avid hiker visiting various national parks.
Cheers

Hi Prav,

Sure, will keep you informed on the outdoor climbs.  Which gym do you climb at and where do you go on hikes? Please let me know if you there any hikes that I could join.

-Suvvi

Hi Suvvi,
My rock climbing and hikes were mostly out of India. In India, I did some hiking in Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh last year. Haven't done much hiking in south of india yet.

@ Hey Suvi, I will be moving to Sarjapur Peninsula Parkville, is this closer to the one you are mentioning?

Is this the one at Urban Climbers Springfield Apartments? I wanna try that too but for now am based in Koramangala 5th Block. :)

Hey Gulzar, good to know that you are based in Koramangala. I stay very close to Koramangala Sony World. May be we should catch up some time :)

I am also intrested in climbing.
When you will start it.

Hey folks, I'm quite curious to know what the options are for climbing gyms in Bangalore. Any information would be really helpful.

Hey!

There are three climbing gyms that I go to:

1.  Kanteerva Stadium
2.  Mars Climbing Gym at PlaY on Sarjapur Road
3.  Mars Climbing Gym at Phoenix mall at Whitefield

Thanks Suuvi! Kanteerva stadium is quite conveniently located for me, I'm currently staying near Brigade road. What are the facilities like there? And do I need to have some kind of membership to be able to climb there?

Thanks in advance (:

Hey Coacher!

The facilities at the stadium are good and guess they are open for a few hours in the morning as well as in the evening and it costs Rs. 500 per month and they provide the equipment.  It has been some time since I have gone there to climb so am not sure if all of the above still holds good though personally I like the Sarjapur Road gym.  It has a great bouldering section and roof wall climbing section which isn't there at the stadium though is a little more expensive but great instructors!

For how long have you been climbing?

-me

Hi Suvvi, I started climbing in 2006 but I haven't done much climbing since 2010 so I'm a little rusty these days. I used to be at 5.10c-5.10d level on top-rope and V1-V2 for bouldering.

The Sarjapur road gym sounds really nice. I don't have transport these days so getting regularly there will be difficult but if you're ever interested in top-rope climbing shoot me a message.

Cheers!

Hey Coacher,

It would be nice to meet at the gym one evening and climb.  At the moment I am traveling and should be back in town in about a week. I just quit my job to travel :) so on a bit of a roll here but next week should be good and will drop you a line and we can climb

-me