Thinking about it

Hi there
I am new to this site.  I'm from London, born and bred.  My parents were born in Nigeria.  My partner is Polish and has been offered a job in Switzerland, Basel and he is just waiting on the paperwork etc.  I am a bit hesitant to go as I heard that its quite a racist country etc.  Now I do know racism is everywhere even in the UK, but I just wanted to know from someone of colour (if there is anyone out there!! lol) who can tell me whether its as bad as I heard or whether its just the usual kind of thing really.  I mean here in the UK, its so mixed culturally that you hardly notice anything, but of course Switzerland is not so culturally mixed (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm guessing) and of course sadly in 2012 some places are ten times worse than others.  So, can someone educate me on this please?  Also I'm a Fitness Instructor, qualified Teacher of English as a foreign language, qualified medical secretary amongst other things, would it be difficult for me to get work?

Peaches

Hello Peaches.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Basel forum.

Concerning the job, I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market in Switzerland.

Hope other members will be able to clear out your doubts about racism in Switzerland.

Thank you,
Aurélie