Type of visa

Hi to everybody

I am coming from India next month to get married to a mauritian.

Do I need a marriage visa or a tourist visa?

I've been calling here and there and reading on net. I'm getting only more confused now.

Also I intend to stay here and work here. I haven't yet got a job here.

Upon my arrival I will granted visa for two months if I come as a tourist.

Can we get married without me having a marriage visa?

What are the requirements for applying for a marriage visa? I don't find any information regarding that on the government website.

Anyone who has been in a similar situation, please advice.

I'm having a head ache with all these.

Once I am here, should I apply for visa extension so that I can carry my job hunt too?

Do I have to inform the authorities that I intend to marry, stay here and work here before coming?

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Well my friend

He will be able to get married civilly only if he asks and is granted a Marriage Visa at the immigration counter at the airport of Mauritius. No other visa will be valid.

However, the visa is only for one month. Since you cannot technically get married within seventeen days of his arrival in Mauritius, you have a very tight slot for finalizing all formalities.

One possible move which could ease things for him would be that you send him a letter informing that you are getting married to him on some specific date, which should be around 20 days after his arrival in the country. He could present the letter to the immigration counter.

Best of luck.

Cheers

What are the requirements for the marriage visa? Which all documents does I need to produce to get the marriage visa?

Morality Certificate and Academic and Professional certificates (for work purpose) attested by indian authority

§hould the marriage visa be applied before departure from India? Or will the visa be granted at the point of arrival at the ssr airport?

They do not give such VISA in India. This gas to be applied at SSR