Wiring money from US bank to Saudi bank

Hello felllow expats,
I know expats would normally wire money out of KSA, but dose any one have experience in wiring money from US to local banks in KSA (Alrajhi, SABB,etc) ?
I'm having a hard time doing this. SABB is affilliated with HSBC, but when I tried it following the instruction given to me by SABB, the wire was immediatley rejected..

The times I needed money from a home account, I just used the ATM.

Thx @Allicate,
I could do that, but the $$$ I need is in the thousands, so the charges and fees are more and it would take more time, as my bank would allow only $1K per day..

I have seen some Western Union offices scattered around town - have you tried that?

thx @houstonian,
I didn't actually visit an office, but tried unsuccessfully to get an estimate online

siddig wrote:

thx @houstonian,
I didn't actually visit an office, but tried unsuccessfully to get an estimate online

Okay.. do you do online banking with your bank at home?  Can you arrange to transfer the money this way?  I have a Canadian friend here who transfers her money from the Saudi bank to her home bank online (but you have to arrange the online Saudi account with the bank here, first).

Did you actually found a solution to this?

I need to receive money from someone outside KSA. Western union is probably best but not sure whether its permitted here or not.

Regards

IBAN IBAN IBAN

iMack10 wrote:

IBAN IBAN IBAN

You mean IBAN no.
I am referring to western union, not wire transfer