Switching salary account

I am based in Riyadh and I would like to switch my salary account from AlAlhli(NCB) to another bank. Can you please explain the process here?

If any one has previous experience, can you please indicate the expected time frame also.

Did you mean to change the bank, which is converted by the Salary

Currently, my salary is credited in AlAhli bank. I would like to change the bank for crediting my salary. To do this, I beleive, there is a clearance required from AlAhli. So, I wanted to know the process and the steps in this regard.

Hope this is clear now.

Nothing is required Bro you can keep two bank accounts , open a new account and give to your HR or finance department with an note to transfer your next salary on this account. If they ask for clearance from NCB which they will not ask NCB issues a certificate when you close an account

just tell ur HR dept to do so .then next salary will be in ur new bank

zhejib wrote:

provided the "new" bank has information that remittance of his new salary is expected....

The process is to get clearance from NCB first, it would take 3 working days to get the copy. then show this clearance to the bank where you want to transfer your salary account (in my case, i transferred from NCB to SABB). they will give you copy of your new account to be given to your HR or Finance dept. together with the NCB clearance.

dear
   today i applied for clearance from NCB they will told it will take 10 days.. any chance of getting early.

I had multiple horrible experiences with NCB customer support. I will count you fortunate if you will get it in 10 days as promised.

zhejib wrote:

Yes, this is only thing needed.

@hamudi, Salary transfers comes with a specific flag in the transaction metadata. The (new) bank doesn't need to know if it is a salary transfer or something else.

Dear;
    I clear all criteria for salary transfer but unfortunately our finance department is told me to its not possible this month. its possible on next month onwards. unnecessarily i want to wait one more month. If i will put money to my new account.Its eligible for  loan.
  plz rpl

zodiac wrote:

Dear;
    I clear all criteria for salary transfer but unfortunately our finance department is told me to its not possible this month. its possible on next month onwards. unnecessarily i want to wait one more month. If i will put money to my new account.Its eligible for  loan.
  plz rpl

No point telling this here...You've to go tell your finance dept for this... :lol:

well, it is simple.open an account to the new bank. You'll be needing :
Iqama copy with your company's stamp
Passport copy with your company's stamp
Your presence
Letter from company is asked sometimes depending on your job description.
After opening an account with the new bank, go to your old bank and ask for clearance. The purpose of clearance is for your company's accounting department to know if you have pending loans or credit from your previous bank because normally, employees change their bank for loan purposes.
So after getting the clearance, present to your accounting department your NEW BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER ALONG WITH THE CLEARANCE. So just sit back and wait till your salary is due. You are gonna receive it with your new account.
Hoping that this could help.
Good luck!

Based on my experience, the bank is waiting for your salary to be deposited on your new account so depositing money on your new account is not similar as the salary deposited from your company.
I'm afraid, you really need to wait.

Hi Ms. Lina, want to ask if you required by the NCB to pay your outstanding credit  in your NCB Credit card for you to be able to get the Clearance Report if not so, can you give me any kicks of information regarding the procedures. Thank you.

Do they issue a bank clearance even you have a existing credit card from them? Example I'm planning to open an account to samba bank but I still have a credit card from NCB bank.

Thank you,

Hello AARON233,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

This topic is quite old and has not been active lately.

I would strongly suggest that you create a new thread on the Riyadh forum to obtain some answers.

Good luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

can NCB bank issue a clearance certificate if I still have remaining balance of my credit card which is I still pay  monthly.?