Cell phone

Hello everyone,

I'll be moving to Al Khobar in a couple of weeks from the US, and was wondering about cell phone situation in Saudi.

Like the US, do you buy cellphones with a certain operator (for a lower price) or do you get your phone at market price and pick the provider?

Also, has anyone brought US purchased iPhone or Galaxy into Saudi?  And, do you have 4G LTE or is it sill 3G (will decide on going for 4S or 5 depending on this)?

Regards,
Koushik

Dear,
here is you can buy cell phone from any mobile shop and it is not linked to any operator, you can buy new number from any operator by your ID
second i tried once before US purchased i phone and it didn't work here cause they lock it in US.
I recommend to buy from here any cellular you like.
Good luck

everything is unlocked
no discounts for carriers

so either buy a new unlocked phone on amazon
unlock your current phone
or buy one here.

I recommend to buy one from here from any mobile store
there is a lot here to keep advantage of warranty

All phone in KSA are unlocked.
Phone bought from USA will work if it is factory unlocked.
4G LTE is being deployed in KSA so service is patchy at present but will get better in due course.
You can have a temporary visitors number until your iqama(resident permit) is sorted then you can have same number linked to your Iqama.

RehabDoctor wrote:

You can have a temporary visitors number until your iqama(resident permit) is sorted then you can have same number linked to your Iqama.

hi, where and how would i get a temporary visitors simcard? is it straight from the mobile shops or does my employer have to play a role in the process?

Btwn-Fear-N-Hope wrote:
RehabDoctor wrote:

hi, where and how would i get a temporary visitors simcard? is it straight from the mobile shops or does my employer have to play a role in the process?

You can buy directly from mobile shops(STC, Mobily, Zain). You may have to show your passport for ID. For me it was easy. I bought from shop inside King Fahd medical city with any ID.

Apparently nano sim for iPhone 5 is available from STC.