Working in Eire as a newly graduate Computer Engineer

Hello everybody! I'm almost 26yo and currently near to the end of my studies as a computer engineer.
I am rather fluent in English, but I don't have any work experience in the field.

I'm wondering if it's better for me to work in Italy for 1 or 2 years first, or do you think I would be able to find a good job in Ireland anyway?
A secondary, but not less important related question: how hard and expensive would it be to find a place to live in the major cities in Ireland? (Those where I could find a job in the IT field, I mean)

Thanks everybody for your answers! :)

netspider86 wrote:

Hello everybody! I'm almost 26yo and currently near to the end of my studies as a computer engineer.
I am rather fluent in English, but I don't have any work experience in the field.

I'm wondering if it's better for me to work in Italy for 1 or 2 years first, or do you think I would be able to find a good job in Ireland anyway?
A secondary, but not less important related question: how hard and expensive would it be to find a place to live in the major cities in Ireland? (Those where I could find a job in the IT field, I mean)

Hello,

I think it's better for you to look for a job in Austria or Germany or the Netherlands or the UK, since the demand for Engineers is much bigger and the employment rate much smaller.

Good luck ;)

chrifus1982 wrote:
netspider86 wrote:

Hello,

I think it's better for you to look for a job in Austria or Germany or the Netherlands or the UK, since the demand for Engineers is much bigger and the employment rate much smaller.

Good luck ;)

Hey thanks for the reply! Actually my interest has a lot to do with the place itself, I know I can quite easily find a job in Milan if I want, but I have a soft spot for Ireland... :P

netspider86 wrote:

Hey thanks for the reply! Actually my interest has a lot to do with the place itself, I know I can quite easily find a job in Milan if I want, but I have a soft spot for Ireland... :P

Oh I see !

You probably want to join your h*t irish girlfriend in Dublin :P

chrifus1982 wrote:
netspider86 wrote:

Oh I see !

You probably want to join your hot irish girlfriend in Dublin :P

Yeeeeah, no... I could look for one though. Not on this website, that would be sad :P

LoL ! :P

Probably a part of true on your post ^^

Anyway, I would recommend you to get at least 2 years of experience before to go to Ireland as if you have no working experience you will be under paid for this reason and they may probably propose you really annoying job at the same occasion.

Better get 2 years of experience then you could get a nice first IT Engineer job with a good salary in Ireland directly when you'll come here ;)

Kind Regards,

Portgas D. Ace
(R.)