Looking for Friends

Hi,

I am a 27 year old, British, female in search of some friends :)

I will be arriving in Singapore in 2 weeks. I am only living in Singapore for 10 weeks working on a project, but I was hoping to find people I can have a drink with and perhaps explore parts of Singapore and explore on the weekend neighbouring countries in Asia?

Hello sjkenny85.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hello!

I'm a 27 yrs old Graphic Designer from the Philippines.
I'm almost at my 1 year here in Singapore and not so many friends yet.
Hope I can find some new friends here ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ

Thanks!
Kim

@sjkenny85 - Welcome to Singapore in advance.

You will truly love the place i can assure you. There's quite a bit to see and do in Singapore and in the Asia region. :)

You will appreciate how Singapore looks and its general surroundings. There are alot of expats there and English is widely spoken too. Lots of great restaurants & sight seeing stuff as well.
It does get humid there and rains now and again, but dont let that spoil your time there.. get out and about, enjoy the place :)

Good luck ..

J

@kathleenkym

Sometimes being in a country where we are new, we miss our natural surroundings, family and friends. This is just the expat life and its normal. :)

The best way to make friends there, is to join in excursions that you like. Join clubs, go to places you like visiting and doing fun things that you like. Sooner or later, you will meet others who share similar interests as you.... before you know it, you've made friends. ;)

Good luck.. :)

J

jazzy851 wrote:

@kathleenkym

Sometimes being in a country where we are new, we miss our natural surroundings, family and friends. This is just the expat life and its normal. :)

The best way to make friends there, is to join in excursions that you like. Join clubs, go to places you like visiting and doing fun things that you like. Sooner or later, you will meet others who share similar interests as you.... before you know it, you've made friends. ;)

Good luck.. :)

J

Hi Jazzy851,

Yes, I have always thought of joining events and tours but always too lazy hehe but now I want to change my lifestyle here in Singapore because boredom is getting into me now.

Thanks for the advise!

sjkenny85 wrote:

Hi,

I am a 27 year old, British, female in search of some friends :)

I will be arriving in Singapore in 2 weeks. I am only living in Singapore for 10 weeks working on a project, but I was hoping to find people I can have a drink with and perhaps explore parts of Singapore and explore on the weekend neighbouring countries in Asia?

Hi Sjkenny85,

When you get here in Singapore let me know. I'll be happy to tour you around the places I know hehe

See ya!

You guys should just join in on the Singapore PubCrawl and meet some new people, it's a great way to socialize here.

Where do you go for the pub crawl?

Thank you

SJ

sjkenny85 wrote:

Where do you go for the pub crawl?

Thank you

SJ

Check this thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=200717

Details there!

Welcome to Singapore SJ.. I am also quite new here and looking for friend.. :)

Usually the best way to make friend is from your network in office..