Passport Photos

Has anyone had passport photos done in Hungary? I went to the local photographer in Nagykanizsa and they did me some photos but the passport people in Germany have rejected them, saying my head is too small. I am a long way from Budapest but it might be worth going there to get them done. I spoke to another Brit who had photos done in Keszthely and his were also rejected.
I even wondered about going to the office that does Hungarian passports to ask if they could supply me with photos.

fidobsa wrote:

Has anyone had passport photos done in Hungary? ... I spoke to another Brit who had photos done in Keszthely and his were also rejected.

Yes, I had mine done at the Kodak place in Tesco in Budaors. However, this is possibly a long way from you. You can also just do them yourself if you have a decent digital camera and print them at the same place. I did my kids passport photos myself and printed them on my own colour photo printer.  There's guidance on the UK government/passport web sites on the photo requirements. They say you cannot do it yourself but this is complete rubbish. Anyone with a decent digital camera and the right gear can do it themselves.

Hungarian passport requirement are different. You need to show the photographer the UK government requirements. Hungarian passport photos are done at the passport office, not beforehand, so they are almost always right the first time.

Hi

When I had mine done here in Pecs, I just told them the size I wanted, which was two different sizes and they printed them off. Any place should be able to print them off at any size. Measure the one in your Passport and tell the shop to do it the same size.

You can find HMG's requirements for passport photos here:

UK Passport Photo Requirements

I think that is the wrong requirements list. The one they sent me says the 29 to 34mm measurement must not include hair. They expect you to have X ray vision and judge where the head ends and the hair starts. On the photos I sent in I measure it as 29mm including hair.