Working in Phnom Penh. Where to start?

Hi,

I'm from the UK & currently traveling in Cambodia on a tourist visa, I would ideally like to stay in Phnom Pehn & find a job.

So far I have no idea where to start? I understand I will have to leave Cambodia and come back on a business visa. Is this correct?

Can you obtain a business visa on any border?

Also what kind of employment is open to me? Given my recent history is based in finance working for a major bank in the UK.

Any assistance would be much appreciated, please reply to my e-mail address if possible.

[email protected]

JB01 wrote:

Hi,

I'm from the UK & currently traveling in Cambodia on a tourist visa, I would ideally like to stay in Phnom Pehn & find a job.

So far I have no idea where to start? I understand I will have to leave Cambodia and come back on a business visa. Is this correct?

Can you obtain a business visa on any border?

Also what kind of employment is open to me? Given my recent history is based in finance working for a major bank in the UK.

Any assistance would be much appreciated, please reply to my e-mail address if possible.

[email protected]

I think you'll have to create your own job :).

There are a lot of banks in Phnom Penh (including international banks) if you have a good CV you shouldn't have a problem getting a 'localised' (ie not an 'expat')position in a bank.