Is there any Filipino Communities in Turkey?

hi everyone

I have a filipino friend working in another country and she wants to live and work in Turkey next year. She has been working abroad for years but a bit confused about working in Turkey.

I would like some filipino workers in Istanbul to advise her filipino communities she can communicate online and maybe some reliable agencies.

thanks in advance..

Friendly man but not from Philippine

Hi to all my fellow filipinos. I am living in istanbul now. Maybe you can help me find a job? Any referrals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Kkkarla03,

You can browse through the JOBS section to check any availability.

Good luck
Z

kkkarla03 wrote:

Hi to all my fellow filipinos. I am living in istanbul now. Maybe you can help me find a job? Any referrals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I dont think there is Filipino community in Turkey.

Every Sundays...Most Filipinos are going to St. Antoine Church or in Harbiye....in Taksim....If you want to meet a lot of Filipinos...you can also go to Besiktas... Sometimes we sit in McDonalds and sometimes we visit a Filipino Store just one floor down (same bldg) ... The name of the store is "Connie's Store" ...You can check products...specially Filipino food ingredients from this store (which isn't available here in Turkey....unfortunately)
So welcome to Istanbul....and I hope u can meet a lot of Filipinos around ;)

Thank you for the update on thread Malou.Corpuz

This woyld be pretty helpful for the Filipino community in Istanbul.

It would be great if you could participate in more Filipino discussions as there seem to be few actively responsive Filipinos on the Turkey forum. 

Enjoy
Z

Found some information here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos_in_Turkey

Hi is there a fellow filipinos working in bodrum Muğla... Tnx

Hi Ms. Malou! That mcdonalds and connies store you are mentioning is in besiktas? Where exactly and how to go there from mecidiyekoy? Would like to visit sometime to meet other filipinos like me, because been here almost 2 yrs but rarely see any. Thanks in advance.

hi am in istanbul and i really want to come to filipino thank you

Hi omopopo
You seem to be off topic here.  The thread is about Filipinos aiming to network in Istanbul. 

Z

omopopo wrote:

hi am in istanbul and i really want to come to filipino thank you

Hi :)
Does anyone know how to send a balikbayan box from Istanbul to Cebu?

Hello there!!! *** İm here live in bayrampaşa....

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Hello there,

Im a pinoy. I just want to ask if it is safe to come to Turkey.  Im just new here... Medyo tkot lng po ako dhil sa mga nppanalitang kguluhan dyan....

It is safe but advisable to avoid crowded places. Just be vigilant.

Which one are you curious of?

@jonah0702
Generally, Turkey is still safe. Not unless you are going to the east, I heard it's quite chaotic there. You see, you can never really tell. Even Europe has their share of terrorist attacks.

Crowded places like malls, church and park? Is it safe to go out, have picnic with friends at the park, for example?

@jonah0702
Of course it is! Don't stress yourself too much dear.  ;)  May I know which city you live in?

@J551824
Have you found the way to the area already? Must've been a late response to your query, but the store is very close to the Besiktas ferry terminal. I'm sure there are a lot of public transport available from Mecidiyekoy.

Hi Jonah,
First if all, please post in English. Any other language will be moderated.
About your question, if you already have a prospect of a job or a relative/friend here in Turkey and is determined to come here, it should not stop you from doing so. It's not safe anywhere now, even other countries has also bad news going on. I agree with the other response, avoiding some places and being cautious is one way not to live in fear. Living in Turkey has pros and cons, as some other countries. Good luck!

Thank you for the answers.  Im a natural born filipino but im in Singapore right now.  I look forward to meeting more pinoys there and gain more friends too.  See u soon guys...😊😊

PM me if you need more help, I also lived in Singapore before coming here.

Hello Ms. Bebs,

Thank you for the advice.  Pls bear with me, this is actually my 1st time to work abroad just in case.  But im really excited to have a new environment and opportunities opening up to me.  Id love to meet new friends and get acquainted if given the chance. 

Thank you again for the answers and tips....

Regards,
Jonah

You're welcome Jonah. One more tip, I'm sure a lot of men are already sending you friend requests, haha ingat lang ;)

hi I used to work back in SG as well..you can PM me and lets get to know..If u need adivce just message me..goodluck

Hİ am lukmon from istanbul

hello po, I will visit Turkey this week, near Izmir po at a week sa Istanbul my partner po is Turkish☺first time ko po visit sa Turkey kaya po
sana may makilala po akong kababayan natin jan....thanks po

Hi everyone,Is there any Filipino community in Izmir Turkey?
I  will visiting Turkey this week with my partner ...hope I can meet my kababayan there ☺

Hi All,

Frederick here from Singapore looking for Filipino food in Turkey...been here for 5 weeks and Im really craving for our food!!!

Take Care All!!

Fred

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Hi! I was wondering if anybody have an idea on how to bring a domestic worker here in Turkey. I know some agencies offer them but I wanted a specific one from my home country. She has been with us(my family) for 11 years and I want to take her here. I was told it will be very hard to do so. But if any one have an experience on this I would really be happy. Thank you.

http://www.sevenhills-solutions.com/gallery/var/resizes/Expat.com/EnglishOnly.png?m=1447402679

Hi! If you are in Istanbul you can find it somewhere in Besiktas. Sorry not so familiar with the place(I live in Izmir). Its like in a walking street. Her name is Connie and she sells some Filipino stuff and cooks Filipino food esp on Sundays coz most Filipinos go there after mass.

Hi,
Your query has been responded on the new thread you created.

Thx
Z

kavimuchi wrote:

Hi! I was wondering if anybody have an idea on how to bring a domestic worker here in Turkey. I know some agencies offer them but I wanted a specific one from my home country. She has been with us(my family) for 11 years and I want to take her here. I was told it will be very hard to do so. But if any one have an experience on this I would really be happy. Thank you.

hello! i am planning to move in Istanbul Turkey. but i am hesitant because i know no one there. Is there a filipino here who are living there?

are you staying there in turkey?

jonah,saan ka jan sa turkey? im planning to move there by December