What are the reliable taxi services in Riyadh?

And can you get me the numbers:) Not sure where to call to get a cab:)
Thank you!

There are *no* organized/centralized taxi services in KSA. You have to walk to the closet raod and stop one.

However, recently a new service has been introduced called 'London Taxi'. But it's 3x expensive than a normal one.

Your best bet would be to grab a number of a reliable taxi driver (a person rather than a company) and call him whenever needed.

HI! Thank you for the info. However the question remains the same, where do I find a phone number of a reliable taxi driver? Maybe somebody can recommend me drivers they have been using?
Thank u!

Hello
I have the same request. I wish we could get contacts of good drivers. I heard horrible stories about taxi drivers.
I am moving to Riyadh after 2 days and I am concerned about taxi issues.
I hope someone helps us regarding this issue.
Best wishes.

With taxi's use a regular taxi driver who someone recommends

I'm sure a neighbour will recommend a driver

(if you are still struggling, give me a shout, we use 2 taxi drivers and there is no issues, will be happy to pass on numbers)

hello
do you know KFMC?
they have introduced new taxi service. I'm not sure if they are spread very well as it is new.
if you haven't heard about, in my next visit to the hospital I will bring thier information and pass it for you.

really we hear many horrible stories about those individuals.
please take care.

Hello everyone..
Talking about taxies, is it true that a female isn't allowed to take a cab alone? And what do you mean by horrible stories? What is the worst thing that can happen? :/

Hi Lion R.E.
I have not heard about KFMC:(
And what are those horrible stories??? Really curious! :)

Lion R.E wrote:

hello
do you know KFMC?
they have introduced new taxi service. I'm not sure if they are spread very well as it is new.
if you haven't heard about, in my next visit to the hospital I will bring thier information and pass it for you.

please take care.

Kindly give more information about KFMC taxi service as I'll be visiting KFMC in September.

Alstroemeria wrote:

Hello everyone..
Talking about taxies, is it true that a female isn't allowed to take a cab alone? And what do you mean by horrible stories? What is the worst thing that can happen? :/

Most of the horror stories are rumours - but the odd incident does happen. (like most places in the world, but its not common and taxi's are safe - licensed taxi's)

Ladies can travel alone in Cab's - no problems

Lion R.E wrote:

hello
do you know KFMC?

please take care.

KFMC. Do you mean King Fahad Medical City? Taxis must be none of their business :)

This is what's being done: http://www.arabnews.com/giant-taxi-company-planned

I second @SaudiUK. Most stories are rumors & hearsays.

Some taxi companies in Riyadh and their phone numbers:

Al Shifa Taxi - 4222921
Safeed - 4331474/8100055
Al Wosata'a - 4326953
Sabaya International - 8122566
Rent General - 2742169
Aain Al Mas - 0558329177 / 0544172582
Al Gahtani - 2441472
Al Ajme - 4226131
Al Mertah - 2624958 / 2624956
Shams Al Asimah - 4100005 / 4100006
Albilad Transport - 0552523615 / 4004744
Mohd Al Humaidi - 2392824

Bruckner wrote:

Al Shifa Taxi - 4222921
Safeed - 4331474/8100055
Al Wosata'a - 4326953
Rent General - 2742169
Al Gahtani - 2441472
Al Ajme - 4226131

It mostly depends on the driver and his driving skills... not necessarily on the company. Also, you will need the phone numbers from at least 5 drivers because one might be at the airport, for example, and he won't come to pick you up from Batha if you'll ask him to.
My suggestion is to take a few cabs and ask for the mobile phone number of those drivers you've liked the most.

*sorry for the double post

SaudiUK wrote:
Alstroemeria wrote:

Hello everyone..

Most of the horror stories are rumours - but the odd incident does happen. (like most places in the world, but its not common and taxi's are safe - licensed taxi's)

Ladies can travel alone in Cab's - no problems

Thank you! What a relief to hear that!

Bruckner wrote:

Al Shifa Taxi - 4222921
Safeed - 4331474/8100055
Al Wosata'a - 4326953
Rent General - 2742169
Al Gahtani - 2441472
Al Ajme - 4226131

Thank you for the numbers

AnnaCampos wrote:

Hi Lion R.E.
I have not heard about KFMC:(
And what are those horrible stories??? Really curious! :)

Hi Anna and all

yes, kfmc is king fahad medical city, they have agreed with new company for taxi service. it is not exclusive to the hospital.

in the coming 2-3 days, I'll visit the city and in my way I'll bring this taxi details.

I don't want to scare you ladies, please don't be alone with taxi driver. also authority and police recommends that.

some stories are rumours but other are true.
many ladies (even Saudi females) have reported harassment and sexual assaults becuase they were alone with those drivers.
and sometimes blackmail them and steal their jewelry.

this is more to happen in the long trips.

those drivers they haven't seen their families for long time. Also they are tired from their life,so they are expressing this frustration in that kind of actions plus most of them not educated.

wish you the best and safety all the time

RehabDoctor wrote:
Lion R.E wrote:

hello
do you know KFMC?

please take care.

Kindly give more information about KFMC taxi service as I'll be visiting KFMC in September.

welcome Ms. Rehab

the city is very good and one of the top hospitals in KSA.

for taxi service, there are taxi cars waiting in front of the main hospital and ready to take the patients & vistors to their destinations. the cars I noticed are new most of them Renault.

The national guard is contracted with an inhouse taxi service which is really good.  All taxi drivers are friendly and safe.
But exclusive to National guard staff.

I never go outside taxi - most the the drivers chat me up which is annoying

TheLegendLeads wrote:

There are *no* organized/centralized taxi services in KSA. You have to walk to the closet raod and stop one.

However, recently a new service has been introduced called 'London Taxi'. But it's 3x expensive than a normal one.

Your best bet would be to grab a number of a reliable taxi driver (a person rather than a company) and call him whenever needed.

In my experience London Taxis are always cheaper from the airport. But then again the alternative there is Saudi cab drivers and they will always try and rip you off. I've heard of newbies being charged up to SAR400 for the airport to central Riyadh trip. I've been asked for SAR200 before, but I always take London Taxis becuase they are cheaper (SAR85) and cleaner than Saudi mini-cabs.

I normally pay 50 SAR to / from the airport... lol

EastLondon wrote:

I normally pay 50 SAR to / from the airport... lol

It obviously depends how long the journey is (lol). My point was comparative.

ofcourse - from the national guard exit 30 to airport, Dont think its far maybe thats why its not too much

It actually depends on both time and distance.

Hi all,
I don't trust taxi drivers but when my wife needs one and we call for a car.
I always ask her to sms me the details of the taxi drivers information card (Usually found inside the cabin), but the best thing to do is get hold of a recommended freelance private driver.

Good luck

Natour

Natour wrote:

Hi all,
I don't trust taxi drivers but when my wife needs one and we call for a car.
I always ask her to sms me the details of the taxi drivers information card (Usually found inside the cabin), but the best thing to do is get hold of a recommended freelance private driver.

Good luck

Natour

you are wise man

how much you pay (monthely) to this driver?

Thank you Lion,

Depends on the disance, but its an average of 35 SR per trip.

you are welcome
please can you send me his details?

what is his natinolaty?

hi everbody

here is the details of that Taxi company I told you about in KFMC

Anfal Al-Jadedah For Taxi
MOB: 0555618655

soory for late

Hi everyone
I m jerome karki from nepal yesterday I have been coming from batah to new al kharaj road so when I reach in my place  I forget my handphone in taxi
After he went when he went after few seconds I cal my own number he answered my cal he said he want give my mobile but after few seconds hi switch off my fon and he not reatarn my mobileI don't know taxi number how can get my mobile pls give me some suggestions

Try Careem, they have very reliable taxi service for major cities in GCC region including Riyadh and Jeddah. You can visit their website www.careem.com or download the app on your smartphone.

MyTaxi Saudia is a new service that has mobile apps to call taxies, I have never tried, but worth checking.
http://www.mytaxi.sa/en/http://www.arabnews.com/news/574851

Seriously , i dont know why its a fuss , i always take random taxi and prefer paki indian or bangoli drivers only and nothing happens ,  i have been doing it since several years :) but once can have easytaxi, careem.com and few more

[moderated: no free ad + you could introduce yourself instead]

Hi, I use Carim for my children's tuition transport, they are good and affordable :)

You need to use their Apps or website https://www.careem.com

It got pleasantly easir now by these online services such as careem, uber... easy taxi..

I'm glad to know it is not anymore suffering topic for people to move around  :top:
Can't wait to see the self-driving cars!!

Hi

Am shamsu from india

If you need good private taxi pls contact me

I have used Careem services in Pakistan and was impressed. Just few days earlier one of my Arab friend was praising them in Riyadh. According to him, they are quick and good with cars no older than 3 years. Drivers are mostly educated and good manners. Most of all their customer service is robust. Once he had to email them and got their response back within 5 minutes. And it was a genuine response; not auto responder.

Haven't used them myself. But would do so as first one in option list whenever needed.

Easy Taxi traditionally an Mobile Apps to call the normal Taxi has launched a new service called "EasyGo", that offers the chance to get a private car instead of a taxi.   I should give a try

I use uber. It is completely impossible to run any scam on you, because the drivers GPS is monitored. When you download the app and use code alex10092ue we both get a free ride.