What would be the best beach town to live in?

I am looking for the nicest beachtown in Equador. Something with a nice beach and plenty of resturants and bars up and down the beach.Possibly a nice long term rental.

My friend, I suppose we have to establish such a place by our self.
But in Ecuador we have a really fair chance to do that, because in the contrary to CR or Panama the most North Americans are afraid to settle in Ecuador so this guys can't spoil the property prices to much and a healthy development for this country seems me possible

I too am looking for a nice beach town/small city. My family and I are coming down in December and again in June for an exploritory visit. We don't party, but love the outdoors.  We need some ammenities like internet, stores, a clinic/hospital and public buses/taxis (bicycle and/ cars). We would like an area close to a nice quiet beach, but an area that we can grow stuff too. We are looking at Ecuador to retire earler and don't want higher cost areas that have been overrun and prices run up by gringos...from what I've read, the Salinas area is like that and Canoa is becoming that too???  We don't have to have a house (we don't want an apartment or condo) on the beach, as long as if its a short bicycle ride to the beach. Thanks in advancs for any info/cooments. Matt