Family Accomodation

Hi All,

I have my medical examination tomorrow. Following this it could be a week to get the visa and come down to Bahrain with family(family will apply for visa on arrival, we are british citizens), Insha Allah.

I am a bit confused with accomodation choices.

Some days back I advised others against living in Seef (Abraj Al Lulu), but the facilities on offer at Abraj Al Lulu are just what we want.

2 bedroom apartment
Communal good sized pool and kids pool
Kids Play Area
Male Gym
Female Gym
Tennis Court
Squash Court
Internet
Satellite
Sea View

This is ideal for my kids who will not get bored and will have dedicated places where they can play safely.

The problem I face is, Abraj Al Lulu is located at a sensitive area and any thing going wrong means we are stuck in the centre of it.

Also, I have been told there are road blocks from time to time.

Other areas I can consider is Hidd or Juffair.

My budget is between 450 to 550.

Amwaj is good but too superficial (My office is in Amwaj)

Help will be appreciated!

However Amwaj island is too superficial as you mentioned, but your family would enjoy it more and they will have an easy access to the facilities on offer over there.

Hidd and Busaiteen are quite close to Amwaj Island and you can find many apartments which suits your budget, but I'm not sure about the facilities whether it would be available or not.

I think once you are aboard you will be able to go around, explore all of these areas and choose whatever suits both your budget and your requirements :)

You can also consider Reef Island in Seef if you can stretch your budget to 600-650BD for a 2 bedroom apartment. The reason you can get a flat Abraj Lulu so cheap (considering the quality and the facilities) is, as you mentioned, all the checkpoints before entering there annoying some people. Also, all the unrest happened right in front of Abraj Lulu (hence why the security is there now). I was told Abraj Lulu was the most expensive place in Bahrain before the unrest but now nobody wants to rent it because people think what if the unrest happens again and we are stuck at home.

With all those security people there, I don't think unrest will go anywhere near Abraj anymore, but don't take my word for it.