Gathering at szimpla

hey all!

since not half the people, who said they would be interested in a meeting,showed up this weekend, I say: let's try it again!

I suggest good, old szimpla next friday, the 3rd of august. let's meet a 8 in the evening. If you want to join, let me know and I will think about a good strategy how we recognize each other.

hope to see you all soon!

Barbara

I heard from one of my hungarian friend that if you invite 30 people, only 3-5 would show.  This i just found out today and it happens all the time in Hungary.

Nice to see that you are taking the initiative. Lets see how the game unfolds.

Hi Guys,

I have been living in Budapest for 6 months, and am definitely keen to meet some more friends now I feel settled etc!  I am unfortunately away in London on the 3rd, but will be very keen to come along/help organise similar catch-ups in the future!

Hope you get a few more peeps along on Friday - I'll be there in spirit!

Will keep my eye on these messages to see what plans occur in the future...

Sal

serenity28 wrote:

since not half the people, who said they would be interested in a meeting,showed up this weekend

If they only said they were interested versus RSVP, then I think half is actually quite good. Especially it is now the the vacation season and last Saturday was the first fairly warm and sunny day all last week; people probably got out of town for the weekend.

gosubmit wrote:

if you invite 30 people, only 3-5 would show.

But does that explain why Expats did not show up?

ok, so due to no interest: event chancelled.

anyway, if you want to go for a drink on friday, just send me a message. :)

Hi serenity28,

I sticked your topic for better visibility.

ok, reopened. ;)
so far we are three people. come and join us!

OK, I just read this in time - and I will go there:-)
(I hope if hungarian expats are allowed as well - anyway, I'll try, and if I get beaten up by serenity, I'll know why :p )
CU

look for a woman with long red hair and an turquoise skirt (probably...) that's me.

I hope you had a good time -
I have arrived a bit later, but I run into a difficulty which, I must admit, I did not expect, even though I had visited the place before... it is a really cool, if slightly noisy place with several hundred people on two floors, most of them foreigners (it is a tourist attraction by now, hence expensive), so, after walking around for half an hour and asking a few groups if they are the 'exptats', which is really embarrassing if they turn out to be hungarians(its too noisy) - I gave up and ended up drinking with one of them... (to my defence, they had a *really* cute baby dog!!)

For next time I would think of a smaller, quieter place or the design of an colorful 'expat-blog' flag?  Of course mobiles are helpful if you are not joining in last minute. (I did not expect Serenity to read it after my post)

I am sorry we couldn't get you. Infact we 3 of we're sitting inside and we didn't see you.  Of course we did wait for 10 minutes past 8 and since noby turned up we went inside. Yes it was too noisy and too crowded too.

fireroller wrote:

I hope you had a good time -
I have arrived a bit later, but I run into a difficulty which, I must admit, I did not expect, even though I had visited the place before... it is a really cool, if slightly noisy place with several hundred people on two floors, most of them foreigners (it is a tourist attraction by now, hence expensive), so, after walking around for half an hour and asking a few groups if they are the 'exptats', which is really embarrassing if they turn out to be hungarians(its too noisy) - I gave up and ended up drinking with one of them... (to my defence, they had a *really* cute baby dog!!)

For next time I would think of a smaller, quieter place or the design of an colorful 'expat-blog' flag?  Of course mobiles are helpful if you are not joining in last minute. (I did not expect Serenity to read it after my post)

well, that's how it is to go out in budapest. there are always a lot of people. ;)

just tell me earlier next time, then there is enought time to fix the details.

serenity28 wrote:

just tell me earlier next time, then there is enought time to fix the details.

Hey, I simply did not read the forum earlier. On the other hand, I allow myself to also suggest, that you plan to stay at the announced location (and please do write the address next time to avoid misunderstandings).
Hope you had fun, after all.

we've been there for two hours. then we went home.

I will be in Hungary next summer (from the US.)and would love to meet  expats.the szimpla is the perfect place

Hi All!
I am interested about this gathering. I am part of the people who never get the opportunity to meet the expat-Blog team for a party.
Any one interested to meet on saturday night?

Marc

Marc,
This seems to be an old forum, and no one is responding much anymore. But I might be going out with a few friends Saturday night, if you are interested it would be a good chance for you to get connected with a few people.
Ruben