Any help or comment for Vietnamese Language Proficiency Test?

Hi,

I would like to take the A level (beginner) test in this 18th of august one.
I've learnt Vietnamese only 5months but, it was full time classes. I finished the VSL book vol.1,2,3 and half of vol.4(from Uni. HCM humanities and social science).

I have been trying to look for some information or test sample, but seems like even Google has lack of information. Heard A level is for people who finish VSL book vol. 1,2 but not sure about it.

Does anybody here take a test before?
any suggestion for book or comment about Test?

please give me some advice!

Here's a lot of links that may have information that you can use, but the first one has a book that may help.  It's the FAHASA bookstore site.  Use Google translate, or Chrome to read the site, if you don't know that already.

Vietnamese level A, with 2 tape
Vietnamese books were compiled according to nine themes. Each topic has three and six items have a review. Each contributes to expand the topic, but it has all the grammar and pronunciation in particular. The key is taken as grammar title. With the policy of promoting the practicality and effectiveness in teaching the lesson in class that the compilers of the posts only for training and phrases ie the equations are specified grammar to remember, not lengthy description theory. Homework includes listening recorded on magnetic tape and writing assignments on paper. This tape not only help learners practice listening comprehension skills but also learn to read properly. So listening and recording the readings. In addition, to help you check homework is the Answer. It is the structure of the book. The editors noted for learners practice all four functions: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Book method of communication. The situation is particularly valued. We can say, this is quite useful book for foreigners who want to learn Vietnamese from scratch.
Price: 220,000 USD
Details |  Order

fahasasg.com.vn/booksvn/view.cfm?cate=92

13j1j1j1j2.18.0...0.0...1c.2THFO-IiswM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=e466824d4374f69&biw=910&bih=420

docstoc.com/docs/40285298/VIETNAMESE-LANGUAGE-PROFICIENCY-GUIDELINES-INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL-WRITING
truongtantru.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=299&func=showcat&catid=1

The State of Illinois has a guidebook? May not be helpful for you, but worth noting.

icts.nesinc.com/PDFs/IL_field069_SG.pdf

Appears to be free:

1vietnamese.com/learn/login/index.php

vns.edu.vn/vns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83%3Agiao-trinh-vsl-1&Itemid=145&lang=vi

google.com.vn/#hl=vi&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=tieng+anh+trinh+do+a&oq=tieng+anh+trinh+do+a&gs_l=serp.3..0.11965.16099.2.16801.20.18.0.2.2.2.904.6350.2-

Hope this helps.  My advice is to go to FAHASA and see if they have sample tests.

The FAHASA at 391 Tran Hung Dao has this book:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1uW6nwwDXlg/TmhiiEOJ78I/AAAAAAAAAlM/BpUJmBC5HZE/s320/80466-65.jpg

It has practice exercises, etc.  Ask for Nha Sach, tell him the name of the book and he will know what you're looking for.

I had to go there anyway and look at the store, which is a newer one.  It's very nice and the staff is helpful.

Teacher Mark wrote:

[img align=c]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1uW6nwwDXlg/TmhiiEOJ78I/AAAAAAAAAlM/BpUJmBC5HZE/s320/80466-65.jpg[/url]

It has practice exercises, etc.  Ask for Nha Sach, tell him the name of the book and he will know what you're looking for.

I had to go there anyway and look at the store, which is a newer one.  It's very nice and the staff is helpful.

Thank you Mark.  :D

No problem.  I can browse through ESL books for hours, marveling at the variety that's available.  The English for Specific Purposes section is impressive, too.

When I first arrived here I complained because the school I was with didn't supply the teachers adequately.  If I had known about bookstores like Fahasa, I would have been overjoyed.  In the long run it's better to pay for a teacher's book, or any other resource, than gripe to management because they're not supplying it.

Teacher Mark wrote:

[img align=c]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1uW6nwwDXlg/TmhiiEOJ78I/AAAAAAAAAlM/BpUJmBC5HZE/s320/80466-65.jpg[/url]

I saw this book and didn't like it. If that's the one I remember, it seemed to be the vietnamese speech was very "vintage"... not what I would be looking for in order to practice modern vietnamese.

I saw some better books, like this one : .thegioipublishers.com.vn/en/books/detail.php?idbooks=363

There is also the Trình độ A and C, of course.

In the past I had another nice book, but I can't find it anymore. If I remember the title I'll come back to give the link.

Flo-vn wrote:
Teacher Mark wrote:

I saw this book and didn't like it. If that's the one I remember, it seemed to be the vietnamese speech was very "vintage"... not what I would be looking for in order to practice modern vietnamese.

I saw some better books, like this one : http://www.thegioipublishers.com.vn/en/ … dbooks=363

There is also the Trình độ A and C, of course.

In the past I had another nice book, but I can't find it anymore. If I remember the title I'll come back to give the link.

They had a few others there, but that was the one they referred me to.  My area of expertise is ESL textbooks, not VSL!

This is an old topic, but pretty much the only result in a google search... so I thought I'd add my info* as I've recently taken this test.

I finished VSL2 and took the test and found the Grammar & Vocab and Reading sections expected a very good understanding of that material. Other elementary-level books may help, but they might not cover exactly the same vocab (thus losing you some marks) so it might be worth looking over a copy of VSL2 too.

If anyone has specific questions, feel free to ask here or send me a message.

* Edit: garbled link - go to morevietnamese.com and search instead

Hello - just wondering when and where you took the test? How much does it cost?

The test is run by and happens at the [vns.edu.vn]University of Social Sciences and Humanities. They have a test every few months, the next one's in June. The exact dates and costs can be found on their website.

if you want to practice your vietnamese ,i will help you, i am sure that you will pass A level easily.
please contact me through my email:[email protected]

Uh hum! How're yr Vietnamese skills now?

Hi all

If you are interested in exchange language then please feel free to contact me, i can help you to learn and practice Vietnamese without any tuition, to return this value you can help me to correct my English pronunciation.

I have free time after work and weekend, maybe few quiet coffee shop will be a place I would like invite you guy come to learn

cheer

I'm a senior student of Sai Gon university, and I'm free all time in this summer. What I have to do now is learn english quickly.
If everybody here wanna learn Vietnamese. we can speak, teach to each other.
Thanks so much!!!